Time I Introduced Myself :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Time I Introduced Myself :)

Postby Jadire » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've posted in a few forums but forgot to introduce myself so thought I'd better do it while I remember. :lol:

My name is Jayne, I've just turned 52, have three adult children and two precious grandchildren. I was born in Doncaster, YKS but after marrying a Canadian I spent 28 years in Ontario, Canada until my marriage fell apart and I decided to return home. Am I glad I did because I bumped into my first love just a month after returning home and we ended up getting married on the 36th anniversary of our first date. :-D

I was diagnosed with FM back in 1992 when I mentioned to my Rheumatologist that I thought I had it after reading a book on different types of arthritis. He just turned around to me and said, "Yes, I know you have it!" Great diagnosis, eh?

My symptoms at first were mild but over the years they gradually worsened and I now have flare-ups regularly. My biggest challenge is learning to pace myself (I believe I'm not the only one) but I now have a husband who tells me in no uncertain terms that I HAVE to rest and reminds me constantly. :-D

I think I'm one of the luckiest ones actually because I have a very understanding husband that helps to take a lot of pressure off me. My very best friend was just diagnosed a few weeks ago (after I repeatedly told her that her symptoms were FM) and my daughter has it too. So I have a lot of support and obviously I support them too.

It breaks my heart to read posts of someone who gets none or little support from their family and friends. It's hard enough going through what we do but to have to do it alone I can't imagine how anyone can live through that. :cry:

FM aside my hobbies/interests are genealogy (I'm a fanatic), crafts and I'm just starting to try parchment crafting so if anyone here does that I would appreciate any tips. :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and to joining in with this forum.
Last edited by Jadire on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take care

Jayne
Sometimes my mind wanders, and sometimes it leaves completely.......
Jadire
UKFM Member

Re: Time I Introduced Myself :)

Postby denys » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi Jayne and :welcome: to the forum :wave: glad to hear you have support and are able to give it to those close to you :-D :-D :-D :-D Its nice to hear something positive, there are far to many people who dont as you say and it is heartbreaking :( :( :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:44 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jayne :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: I love your story about meeting your first love again, everyone should have a little romance at some point in their lives :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Like you, I consider myself lucky to have a supportive OH :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Even when I'm being a complete nightmare and throwing all sorts of rubbish at him because I'm sleep deprived, in agony and feel like my mind is unravelling for the umpteen millionth time again, he's there :clap: :clap: :clap: Altho I don't admit it very often, I'd be very lost without him :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It is heartbreaking when someone says they have no support from those close to and around them. Sadly FM does seem to bring out the true colours of some people, and it is especially heart rending when one of these people turns out to be someone we thought would support us unconditionally :cry: :cry:

Hope you'll find the forum informative and supportive. We do try to add a little :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: now and again as we've found that it's the only thing that keeps us on the sane side of life :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diane1 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi Jayne :welcome:

Its lovely to get some good news on the site. Its like a love story going to Canada then returning and meeting your first Love. I'm lucky like you and have a wonderful OH who keeps me in check so I dont over do it on good days. :sick:

Hopefully you'll enjoy this site and also find it helpful. Most of us dip in and out depending on how we are, the problem is I go on for sympathy when I'm bad and then end up overdoing it as I want to reply to all the posts. I like to think of alot of the people on here as friends who understand and can therefore help. You'll get used to the regular names like Fluppy puffy,Denys,loubie amongst many more. Its like one big happy mad family.

:grouphug:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:27 am

Fluppypuffy is the maddest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: being mad isnt compulsory but it certainly helps :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lolabolla » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:35 am

Hello and :welcome: from another Doncastrian who hasn't managed to escape.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Jadire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:20 pm

I thought I had thanked everyone for your welcoming messages but looks like I didn't. (

So thank you everyone I really appreciate your messages and I'm glad to be here.
Take care

Jayne
Sometimes my mind wanders, and sometimes it leaves completely.......
Jadire
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello