Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby bagpuss » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi all,
My doc diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia today. The extent of his help was to print something off for me and he told me it would go away eventually. He did offer me drugs to manage it, but I'd rather not take them unless I really can't manage.

Prior to all of this I've suffered lots of sinus problems, kept getting sinusitis all the time. They sent me for allergy testing and I have an allergy to dust, pollen & grass. I manage it with antihistermines as best I can. I'm also asthmatic.

Last year I had the flu jab for the first time, afterwards my arm was really sore. The pain did go away but they came back 2 or 3 weeks later and lasted a long time. Next thing to happen was I had numbness in my face and lips. They ran all sorts of tests but could not find out what the problem was. Alongside this I was getting terrible lower back pain in my muscles, and also every time I did any sort of exercise (even minimal) I was waking up the next day with everything aching feeling like I'd run a marathon. My period pain in the last six months has been pretty unbearable, I've also had recurrent cystitis. Although this has cleared up I still get pain around my bladder and feel the need to go for a wee allot. I frequently get headaches, some unbearably bad which make me feel sick. I often get a sore throat too. In the mornings I wake up feeling like I haven't slept at all with everything hurting, the morning at work is particularly bad as I find it hard to concentrate and think what I want to say (muddling my words and forgetting things people have just said). I've found I'm forgetting where I've put things allot. Along side all that I've also had really bad stomach pain (wind) this seems to wax and wain and seems to often be triggered by certain things I eat.On a bad day my legs feel like a ton of bricks.

I was letting it get me quite down but lately I've been making myself do the things I enjoy even if it hurts or is difficult (I do allot of mountain walking/caving in my spare time). I feel happy in myself, not too stressed at work, just struggling to get a handle on why my body is doing all these weird things.

That's me for now :) Looking forward to reading how people cope with these things.
bagpuss
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby diane1 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi Bagpuss

Welcome to the mad house ! we are all friendly and fibro sufferers here and ready to help in any way we can.

Its good that you are able to continue in your hobbies and that you are able to bare the pain. Alot of us have gone through that stage and have to rely on strong painkillers and other meds to get us through the day.

You'll find the answers to many questions you may have on here and if you dont place a question and the replies will come.

Good Luck with everything. :goodluck2:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby bagpuss » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks Diane. There have been times where I've not been physically able to do what I want to do, but at the moment I'm okay thankfully. I hope it doesn't get so bad that I can't do the things I enjoy at all as they are pretty much what keep me going..
bagpuss
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:59 pm

:welcome: to the forum bagpuss :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot to get your head round when you're first told that you have FM, so having a look round the boards may help you find out a few things and answer some questions you may have.

There are a few peeps on here who are trying to manage their FM without meds, so you're not alone in trying this approach. Some are trying out dietary changes, some are using supplements and complimentary treatments and some are trying a mix of things to see if it can help them.

There is lots of other advice and info on here, as well support when you need it. Anything that you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:16 am

Hi bagpuss and :welcome: to the forum :wave: it is important to try to get a handle on everything and do things you enjoy for as long as possible within your own limits so good luck with keeping your hobbies going for a very long time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello