[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Symptoms of fibromyalgia

Symptoms of fibromyalgia

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Symptoms of fibromyalgia

Postby nikki44 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:24 am

Hi my name is Nikki and I am 44years old. A couple of years ago I had an adrenalectomy due to a very large cystic tumour. This op was successful but I started developing aches and pains together with fatigue. After numerous blood test I was diagnosed by a rheumatologist as having fibromyalgia and benign hypermobility syndrome. I have a lot of pain in my left side particularly when I stretch to the side and upper back and rib pain. I been to the docs several times to be told this is another symptom of fibro. As I suffer with health anxiety to I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have a lot of back pain. I am on 10mg amitriptyline which does not touch the pain at all just helps me sleep and feel like a zombie the next day.
nikki44
UKFM Newbie

Re: Symptoms of fibromyalgia

Postby adelesmith » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:41 am

HI i too have fibro and hypermobility n they are not fun, you need to try and calm your anxiety as this will only make things worse ask for councelling it may help. Ami's dont really do much for pain just help you sleep which helps with general well being and pain, i found taking them at tea time 6pm ish helps with the fog next day. Do u go to a support group this may help . I have been a suffer of fibro for over 10 yrs and spent a lot of that time fretting and worrying and thinkin life was over , in the last 4 yrs i meet my hubby ad had my son who is 3, having my son made me have a major flare up and i am prob physically at my worst but mentally my best, i finally gave in n got a scooter and have a new lease of life, i also make things easy on myself and hubby he works so we have a cleaner once a week to do floors dusting and bathroom and some1 to cut lawn it costs £16 a week but its worth it as aliveates stress.

I hope things improve for you soon, i was like u for yrs worried that symptoms were not fibro, now i am the other extreme everything is fibro :)

Hang in there this will get better xx
adelesmith
UKFM Member

Postby chrisgoneferal » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:27 pm

I have ha fibro for years and years after an spinal injury and operation....getting a cleaner is the very best thing I ever did when I had my kids........knowing that the basics are done is great..........pace yourself let someone else take the strain if you can afford some help...

chris
chrisgoneferal
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:40 pm

:welcome: to our little fibro sanctuary Nikki :wave: :wave:

You'll find lots of info and advice spread across the boards, so have a look round. There are a few members on here with hypermobility along with FM, so you may find some of their posts/topics useful.

We can have pain anywhere around our body thanks to FM, some find their backs are particularly affected, others may find different areas of their body are affected. As things like anxiety/stress are FM's favourite food, worrying about stuff can lead to it flaring up :facepalm: :facepalm: The condition is very vague and unpredictable, and just when you think you're starting to make sense of it all, a new curve ball gets thrown in :facepalm: :facepalm:

Are you taking anything else as well as the amitriptyline?? If not, there may well be something you can take as well as the amis to help you feel more comfortable. This linky tells you about some of the meds used to try and manage FM http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx Maybe having a look, then going to see your GP about what might be suitable for you to try is something to consider.

Zombification the following morning can be a real problem with amis, and some have found that taking them earlier in the evening can help ease it. For some, taking them a couple of hours before they go to bed can help. For others, taking them 12 hours before they want to get up the following morning helps with it. As we're all very different, it can take a bit of time to find what's right for you, but it is possible to get some relief from the various symptoms :clap: :clap: :clap:

Adele, your £16 each week for the cleaner and lawn cutter sound like a wise investment to me :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby nikki44 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Thank you to everyone for your repliesx I think because it took 3years to diagnose my tumour I have no faith in doctors. It is also hard to accept that I was once a really active person able to do anything and now just overdoing it slightly makes me ache for days. I work in a school as a TA part time so have to be clear headed and it seems every med I try makes me feel worse. I feel like a hypochondriac always complaining about something.
nikki44
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello