[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby rurukidoo » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi there everyone,

I discovered this forum after finding out I might have fibromyalgia. I am currently awaiting blood test results back from my GP after seeing him last week. He wanted to test for rheumatoid arthritis as it runs in my family.

Have been in so much pain and was lucky to get 4 hours of sleep a night. my GP has given me amitriptyline to take at night, which does help me sleep but hasn't helped with the pain so far and makes me feel like a complete zombie the next day. :-(

Hoping I'll get some answers from my GP next week and hopefully begin to manage things a bit better.

Well I feel like I have rambled on enough now. Hope everyone is having an okay day.

Ruru.
rurukidoo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby denys » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:36 pm

:welcome: to the forum rurukidoo :wave: :wave:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so have a look around to see what there is. You may come across some things that could help you while you're waiting for a definitive dx.

How long have you been on the amitriptyline?? If it's only a short period, you may need to give it a little longer to fully get into your system as it takes about a month to take full effect.

One of their side effects is making you feel zombified like you've experienced. Changing the time you take the amis may help with reducing how bad it can feel. For some, taking them a couple of hours before they go to bed can help. Other have found taking them 12 hours before they want to get up works for them. If you try taking yours at a different time, you may find it helps you feel vagually more huu~mon in the morning instead of the zombification you have at the moment.

Let us know how you go on with your results and things, and if there's anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rurukidoo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi again everyone!

Thanks for the kind welcome.

today my GP confirmed the Fibromyalgia DX so I guess I'm here for the long run.

he has swapped me from amitriptyline to mirtazapine...so I will see how I go with that.

hoping now I can just start to deal with this and get on with my life as best I can :-)
rurukidoo
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello