hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi

Postby stageside » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:07 am

ah i finally found the place to introduce myself, not sure what to say here that i didn't say in my first post the other day other than thanks for letting me join and is there anyone else in the wakefield,west yorks area on here?
stageside
UKFM Member

Re: hi

Postby Flash » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:18 am

Hi Stageside, Well, just say what you like, it's good to chat. I pop in and out since joining last month. Good 'ere 'init! West Yorkshire, magnificent part of the country. Only been once and flew over the dales while there visiting family. I'm in Devon. 8-)
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby stageside » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:52 pm

devon is much nicer than yorkshire, and flatter lol i used to hitch hike all over the country for about 17yrs on and off as well as riding when i had a bike on the road (which wasnt often as i spent more time falling off them) and its only the last 10 or so yrs ive become too ill to travel about like i used to, i guess there are a lot of ppl on here who will be able to relate to this and who are unable to do the things they used to love doing i've even contemplated selling my guitars as i don't play them often now and when i do it's only for a short time till my fingers lock up for all the talent i was given it wasn't worth the sacrifice of my health my biggest fears are coming true the fibro fog is getting worse to the point i cant even recall when i last took my pain killers think i need a timed pill box or something
stageside
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Stageside,
Well, I can't complain about the countryside. When I was in Yorkshire, I was bowled over by the magnificence of the place. But I knew I was missing something. When I came home on the train, I saw the trees get thicker and the hedgrows appear and realised that was it. Dartmoor is fantastic too, I'll bet you never bypassed that place.
Last edited by Flash on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby stageside » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm

ty its always nice to have my work apreciated flash, you sound like a very similar person to myself, i've only been to dartmoor once a very long time ago and dont remember much about it but ive seen photos others have taken and it does look amazing, yorkshire does have its stunning places too but most are too far for me to travel to these days espec as i dont have transport I know what you mean about feeling at home in the woods, again woodland is sparse around my area but i do have one or two places surrounded by trees that i like to fish for trout up in the small villages on the moors just wish i could get to them more often
stageside
UKFM Member

Postby paulasimon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi, I live in Dewsbury West Yorkshire.
paulasimon
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:50 pm

:welcome: stageside :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby maxtomads » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi stageside. I'm in glossop which isn't too far away

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello