[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Just Wanted to Say Hello

Just Wanted to Say Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just Wanted to Say Hello

Postby Gardeningstitcher » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Hello! I'm newly diagnosed and still learning about the condition and trying to get my family to understand Fibro. I have been very surprised by people's reaction when I've told them my diagnosis as all of them bar one person had never heard of it. Thank you for allowing me to join I'll be popping in and out quite often looking for info and if I can be of any help to fellow sufferers. :-D
Gardeningstitcher
UKFM Newbie

Re: Just Wanted to Say Hello

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:09 pm

hi, you are not alone with people not knowing of it, i was in the same boat,

there is alot on here to help try and explain thing like the spoon theory and one to shouw the non believers.

i have found this site a great help and hope you do to

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: Just Wanted to Say Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :penguin: :penguin:

There is lots of info and advice on here, so have a look round and see what there is. You may even find some answers to questions that have been whizzing round your head since being told you have FM.

You may find this linky helpful when trying to explain what FM is and what it is like to live with viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4732&start=270 There's also The Spoon Theory that might be helpful as well viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1761

Just ask if there's anything you want to know and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello