hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello

Postby worldofpain » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:17 pm

I cannot sit stand or lie down comfortably. I cannot get anything done as I cannot concentrate.
Any cold or draught sets me off. I have found nothing really helps.

Nobody understands, and I just wanted to complain - It is not fair.
worldofpain
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:13 am

Hi and :welcome:

Glad you have found us, rant away i find it helps release the tensions that build up.

Lots of advice and support around the boards
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby worldofpain » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:44 pm

I have had this for a while now, I can remember the pain in my left arm used to stop me from sleeping on that side when I was pre-school, under 5 years old I asked the adults where to put my arms so that I could sleep. Mum took me to the doctors who tickled me and told her it was growing pains. So I used to think everyone felt like this when they got cold.

I joined a support group maybe three years ago.

I have NOT found ANY advice yet that helps. I guess it helps to know you are not the only person with the condition, but who would want to share this pain.

I would visit the doctor but they have nothing to offer.

I live alone and cannot imagine anyone wanting to share my irregular life of insomnia and pain. My friends think I am lazy and miserable. My mother does not believe it exists and is disappointed with my failed life. (Despite the fact she has these pains in her arms and legs and a poor quailty of sleep, and she is over sensitive to various things eg. cold , perfumes ) i.e. I inherited the condition from her. I have tried to inform them about my condition to find that is considered moaning.

25 years ago I realised I was turning into my grandmother who also suffered these symptoms.

Trying to keep afloat financially is getting harder and harder, already self employed as I cannot get to work on time regularly enough for a conventional job, and the notion of claiming benefits for this condition is obviously really difficult and stressful..

I could rant for weeks. What a boring person - pain, isolation and poverty woooohooo what fun
worldofpain
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:00 pm

:welcome: to the form :wave: :wave:

Sorry to hear how things are affecting you. WRT claiming benefits, altho the system is tough, it is still possible for an application to go straight thru. Organisations like Citizen's Advice can offer advice and help with completing the forms which can help make the process a little less stressful.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello