Introducing myself

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Introducing myself

Postby rach34 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi my name is Rachel. I am 40 years old and live with my partner and 2 young children. I have only just been diagnosed with FM after living with increasing pain and exhaustion for some time. I am having trouble coming to terms with the diagnosis and still feel quite weepy that I may not get better from this condition. There are days when I am in so much pain I feel like I cant do anything, as the tiredness is like having the flu and trying to work through it seems impossible. I have posted on the living with FM section about the medication that I hae been prescribed. I would be grateful if you could take a look if you can, and advise if possible.Thanks for reading.
rach34
UKFM Member

Re: Introducing myself

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:01 pm

:wave: :wave: Rachel, I've put your post about your meds into the Treatments and Medications board on the forum, it's the most suitable part for what you are wondering about, and will hopefully bring you some helpful replies :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

How you're feeling at the moment is typical of what happens after you've been told you have FM. There is an awful lot to get your head round, add in the realisation that FM is with you for the long term, and it can all get a bit too much to think about at first. Give yourself time, and take things day~by~day, or even hour~by~hour until things start to feel a little less :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: You will get there and find what your capabilities are, it just needs a bit of time and patience as it will be a case of trial and error at first.

We've all been in a very similar place to where you are at the moment, and understand what it can do to you and put you thru. There usually is someone around on here who is only too glad to share their experiences with you, answer something that you're wondering about, and/or offer a :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: and support, so you're not alone in trying to deal with what FM throws at you :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby isitme » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:42 am

hi,

its a scary thought getting to 40 being thick in family life and getting overcmoe with this.

i have been where you are got a diagnosis 2 years agao and it has taken this long to accept, understand, get back some control and put things in place to help me live and cope better.

i do very little now and oh is burdened with stuff but it is a decision we made in our work/life balance and i no longer work.

so you will find your own way eventually.

take care.

:-) :-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi Rachel and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello