New addition to the "fibro" group!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New addition to the "fibro" group!

Postby bethscot » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all well (as well as you can be!!) My name's Beth, 32 and originally from Scotland but living and working in London. I was diagnosed about ten months ago and am still trying to come to terms with my fibro. I'm not sure which is worse, the chronic fatigue, or the pain. I get pain pretty much everywhere but particularly sore points are my upper back and ribs, hips and knees. But I'm just so horribly exhausted all the time! Went to the GP yesterday for a repeat prescription - I'm on pregabalin, amitryptilline and ta-pentadol for the pain. I asked the GP if there's anything she can do about my exhaustion as I'm getting a bit desperate but she said its just part of my condition and she can't wave a magic wand to make it disappear. Boo Hiss!!
bethscot
UKFM Newbie

Re: New addition to the "fibro" group!

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:27 pm

hi beth, i wish we all had a magic wand but to come out and say that to you was very insensative of her,

sometimes id rather have more pain than the constant feeling of wanting to lie down its horrid,

the only advice threr seems to be is learn to pace yourself have plenty of rest periods but sometimes life wont let you,

either at home ar at work something seems to put a great big spanner in the works,

i have learnt a little in the past months and that is its ok to leave the ironing os hoovering if i dont feel up to it,

and the biggest lesson iv learnt is to say NO if im not up to it and you dont understand thats your problem not mine.

we all have to find the right way for each of us to cope as we are all affected diffrently,

i hope you find your way to.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: New addition to the "fibro" group!

Postby denys » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi Beth and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello