Frustration at a neurologist

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Frustration at a neurologist

Postby Fender » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:06 am

Hello all
Yesterday I visited a neurologist regarding nerve damage in my ear. He injected my ear to act as a nerve block.
He then decided to tell me his opinion on FM, ME and CFS. It is all in my brain, I ONLY need to retrain my brain and I will be fine! The nerve (no pun intended)
I am so upset and frustrated by his comments he obviously doesn't know what it is like to live with these conditions and symptoms day in day out.
Has anyone else had a similar experience am I being over sensitive?
I am new here and not sure of what you can and cannot say
I hope someone answers this post.
Thanks
Dawn
Fender
UKFM Member

Re: Frustration at a neurologist

Postby isitme » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:18 am

any dr you don;t feel is understanding then change.

it is hard enough without feeling disheartened when you visit a medical expert.

there is alot of good information on here so take time to take it all in.

:-) :-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi dawn and :welcome: to the forum :wave: you can say pretty much what you want as long as it isnt offensive or aimed provoking anyone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I would have moved your post into the board about doctors but as its your intro post have left it here.

Unfortuantely your experience is not unique, we only wish it was, there are a lot of medical professionals who share the same view as your neurologist and if it was possible I would like to swing one of there dusty old heavy books round their heads to see if they liked the resulting pain, but I know I couldnt lift it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dont let it get to you as getting stressed and upset will only make you feel worse and wont change his opinion one jot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:28 pm

hi, dont let the old goat upset you hes oviously not kept up with his profesion,

in a way he was right because they do say its a problem with how our brains are working or not working,

but which ever we all know how real it is.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby TATT » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Gets me so annoyed.

I have a neuro appointment on the 24th that I am now worried about but I will prepare my rehearsed condescending reply and duck them for being ignorant lazy and blinkered.

:face-slap: to the neuro
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:05 pm

I meant duck not duck and I am so sorry if I offend anyone but I have found voicing my swearing very therapeutic just lately.

My oh swears back at me and we continue to swear till we are laughing with tears running down our cheeks. I am seriously turning nuts x
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:06 pm

I give up :-D
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:32 pm

hi TATT, your three posts in a row made me laugh,

thanks just what i needed.

take carexx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby TATT » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Me too MB,

Hope your keeping well as can be xxx
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby Fender » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi thanks for the replies.
I was so annoyed at the neurologist as the appointment was for nerve damage to my ear that all other professional said was nothing to do with ME CFS or FM. He decided to give me his opinion on my conditions without any plan on how they could work! I was so angry and unprepared my fibro fog set in and all I could do was shed a tear in frustration.
I have written to the clinic and explained that I felt it was unprofessional for him to give me his personal view on something I have suffered with for over 5 years that was not the reason I was referred to the clinic. Waiting a reply!
Well I feel better :-D
And yes I have started to swear more too, mainly in frustration as I cannot seem to find the words I wish to say.
Perhaps I have another condition now! Tourette's? :roll:
Take care everyone x x x
Fender
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello