New member saying hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New member saying hello

Postby Foreman-D » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi guys. I'm obviously new to here.

I'm Danny. From Essex and believe it or not. I'm 21 years old. And recently been diagnosed with the now to be famous. Fibromyalgia.

Have worked since the age I was able to. And haven't stopped since. Until now.. I work myself within the air conditioning industry. Sub contracting to many company's. But have been with a main company for past two years. And work within London city.. Working very long days and weeks..

But now has come the time to slow down as for the past two-three years. I've struggled more and more each day. With doctoRs not knowing what was going on. Until one doctor told me fibromyalgia. Then it all made sense.

I ended up in hospital with a virul infection just before my diagnosis. Making all my symptoms multiple times worse.

So I'm now here to find out advice and see where my life is leading.

Hope you can help and anyone on the area feel free to contact me.

Thanks for reading
Foreman-D
UKFM Member

Re: New member saying hello

Postby isitme » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 am

theres alot to take in at first isn't there.

its hard to accept and eventually get a work/life balance but probably even harder when you are younger as alot of us haven't had to do this until we are much older but still find the prospect of giving up work hard.

try to tone down your work time/effort as much as you can without being forced to so you are still in control and less stressing.

rest whilst you can and take holidays/breaks to stop you running yourself into the ground again.

take care.
isitme
UKFM Member

Re: New member saying hello

Postby denys » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi Danny and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello