Hello from Norway

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from Norway

Postby Vimsen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi all, just registered, figured I'd say hi :)

I'm 34 years old. I live in Norway, no kids, single. No job, been on a fixed income for years. I have an anxiety disorder causing to be too stressful to have a full-time job.

I've had muscle pain for many years due to anxiety and being tense. I've not had any strength at all in my knees, and two years ago I discovered I was walking all wrong. I put all the weight in my back when I walked, instead of my knees. I started using my knees and walking right, which caused trouble. I got diagnosed with tendonitis in both knees, especially the right. But this past half year or so, I've slowly, but gradually, gotten worse. The infection in my knees spread to my hips, and finally yesterday I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

Trying to figure out everything now, learning more about it. I'm on a waiting list for a rehabilitation center, but that won't happen this side of the new year. Not sure if it's relevant or not, but I'm also waiting on a date to get my uterus removed (hysterectomy) as I've struggled with monthly cramps and lots of pain for years.
Some days are for living.
Others are for getting trough.
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Re: Hello from Norway

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:19 pm

hi you have joined the right group as this site will help you understand and learn to cope with things,

hope you get all the help you need from the re hab center.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Vimsen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:06 pm

masonsbarms wrote:hi you have joined the right group as this site will help you understand and learn to cope with things,

hope you get all the help you need from the re hab center.

take care xx

Hi, thank you :)
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi Vimsen and :welcome: to the forum :wave: you mention infection in your knees??? do you mean inflammation due to the way you are walking?????

Anyway hopefully we can help you with any wibbles you might have while coming to terms with your diagnosis :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Vimsen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:26 pm

denys wrote:Hi Vimsen and :welcome: to the forum :wave: you mention infection in your knees??? do you mean inflammation due to the way you are walking?????

Anyway hopefully we can help you with any wibbles you might have while coming to terms with your diagnosis :-D :-D :-D

:wave: Inflamation, yes. Well, mostly in my right knee, it's been swollen for a long time. Any advice? My doctor reffered me to get an MR (is that the right term in english?) but he's certain they'll find nothing. I've never been as bad as this, been having trouble walking since before the weekend :(
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum Vimsen :wave: :wave: There's lots of info and advice on here, hopefully some of it will help you learn more about the condition and figure out a few things. It will take you a little time to get used to living with FM and you may have a few wibbles along the way. On here tho, there is always plenty of support and advice to help you get thru these times.

It will be interesting to hear what the rehabilitation centre can do to help you, and what is available meds/treatment wise for FM for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:51 pm

It may be an MRI the doc means, do you have to pay for it in Norway???? Here we are referred by our GP or consultant and they carry them out in the hospital then the results are sent back to the doc. I think others may have said to try anti inflammatory gels in you other post but I'll risk repeating it also if heat doesnt work try cold, if possible try to alternate heat then cold then heat and so on ( a pharmacist told me about it once for tendinitis) so it may work for you.

With everything going on you may find it causes more wibbles and if so just post on here and someone will try to help you through :hugs: :hugs: hope you get some relief from your pain soon :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Vimsen » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:10 am

MRI is probably it. We don't pay for it here, well, only a deductible. But if you pay enough deductible before the year ends, you get it for free the rest of the year. I got it early this year. It's the same here though, with the doc referring you to the hospital, and the hospital sending the results back to the doc.

But at least everything else will be ruled out, with the MRI, so it'll be good for something, right?

Pain is a bit better today, but of course, the day has only started.

I will for sure try cold next time, I have a handy hot/coldpack at the ready in my freezer somewhere :)
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 am

Hope the cold way brings you a little relief. Not being able to ease things adds it part in grinding us down that bit more.

I'm surprised that you're going to have a hysterectomy without being investigated fully for endo :shock: :shock: :shock: An hysterectomy is a majorly invasive op and would normally only be considered as a last resort when all other options have been exhausted. One of the things used over here that can help is a Mirena IUS. This linky explains about it http://www.mirena-us.com/ Might it be worth pushing to find out if it definitely is endo that is causing the problem, then see what nublets of info are available about available alternatives :-? :-?

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for the MRI showing something that can help you with some answers :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Vimsen » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:26 am

Well... last year I had my first talk with the gyn doc at the hospital. We tried the spiral thingie (IUS, I think it's similar to Mirena), but it made things a heck of alot worse. They insisted on keeping it in for a while to see if it would help over time, but after 5-6 months, they finally agreed to take it out. I refused to try birth control pills as I've tried that years ago, and the pain got so bad I ended up in a taxi on my way to the doctors office. With the spiral thingie not working, they tried scraping out the uterus. This helped with the bleeding (bleeding stopped), but the pain remained. So next step, hysterectomy according to my wishes. So even if they haven't properly tested me for endo, things have been tried. Kinda tired of taking enough pain killers each month to knock out an elephant.

Thank's. Doc seemed conviced they would find nothing with the MRI, but at least it rules out a lot of things, so it's still good for something. If I don't get all claustrophobic and panicky in there :-|
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Sounds like you've had enough of all this with what has been tried, which is more than understandable :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: With what you've been thru, it would certainly suggest that an hysterectomy could be the answer to this problem :shock: :shock: Wish I had a magic wand that would make things better for you :( :( :(

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Yes the MRI will be able to rule things out or in depending on the findings, it is wearing dealing with pain and/or effects of meds all the time but with a few extra nublets of info you may get a few more answers :fingerscrossed: keep your chin up we're all routing for you and praying things start to improve :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Vimsen » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:31 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote:Sounds like you've had enough of all this with what has been tried, which is more than understandable :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: With what you've been thru, it would certainly suggest that an hysterectomy could be the answer to this problem :shock: :shock: Wish I had a magic wand that would make things better for you :( :( :(

Thank you :) Kinda terrified of trying anything else, as all I've tried has made it worse. My hope is that a hysterectomy will remove at least one of my issues. *fingers crossed* Thank you for your kind words and all the hugs... I love hugs :D :grouphug: :grouphug:
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Postby Vimsen » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:32 pm

denys wrote:Yes the MRI will be able to rule things out or in depending on the findings, it is wearing dealing with pain and/or effects of meds all the time but with a few extra nublets of info you may get a few more answers :fingerscrossed: keep your chin up we're all routing for you and praying things start to improve :-D :-D :-D

Thank you :grouphug:
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi Vim , I had a hysterectomy about 10 years ago when I was in my later 30's..best thing I ever did . I had terrible symptoms and as you say it wasn't a decision that either I or the doctors had taken lightly. I had tried so many other treatment that didn't work so had no emotional attachment to my plumbing . Any way felt like a new woman afterwards,still on HRT gel that I rub into my skin after a shower in the morning.

Take care and discuss everything with your consultant , GP and possible friends and family, hopefully your decision will give you one less problem to deal with . :hugs: :hugs:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello