[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Somerset girl

Somerset girl

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Somerset girl

Postby Kimmy92 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Hey there, My name is Kimberley and I am 20 years old. As you can see I live in somerset and am wondering if there is anyone else around here?

When i was 16 years old and in my last year of school, I suffered from low back pain and was told I was flexible as a result I have Hypermobility :crazy:

I'm awaiting diagnosis from my consultant, however my doctor(4th one) is 90% sure its Fibromyalgia, I've had a tough few years and recently was hit with depression because it just got too much for me. At the moment it is hard for me to stay positive with friends and some family members not understanding how much pain i am in all the time. Due to it being 'waiting' diagnosis I am not on any pain relief, however I am on Fluxotine (I think thats how you spell it), as an anti-depressant. I am also on dizzy tablets as I become very dizzy and light headed just doing the slightest thing.

I get tired very easily and all i want to do is sleep yet most nights I don't sleep very well, I go to bed at 11pm and am awake at 1 then it could be 1:55am then again at a different time and its fustrating, I can almost wake up most of the time at 4:30am and then its a struggle to get up.

Thats the next bit, I am stiff in the mornings I can wake up either sweating buckets and feeling like im on fire :roll: or im freezing cold and takes ages to warm up (this is the moment when I just want to stay in bed). throughout the last couple of days I have been freezing cold then I get hot then I'm back freezing cold again and i can't win! :(

I get pain everywhere in my neck, back, shoulders, arms, wrists, hands, hips, legs, knees, ankles and feet. I feel as though I'm a block of ice at the moment my fingertips are freezing and they're painful. My feet are freezing and I have 2 pairs of socks on! I just can't seem to get warm at the moment.

The last week or so I've noticed I am starting to loose my grip if holding a kettle to put water in it, I just feel so alone.

I am truly sorry to be moaning, as I know there is others out there who are worst than me and yes im alive, but right now I just need some support.

Thank you x
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer.
Kimmy92
UKFM Newbie

Re: Somerset girl

Postby diane1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Kimmy :wave:

And welcome to the gang :welcome: You'll find some one on here with your symptoms infact most of us have similar symptoms but at different stages. You'll be able to get advice and lots of virtual :grouphug: hugs.

We are like one big happy family and understand how you feel so dont feel like your being a nusiance weve all been there and know how hard it is .

Good luck and hope your feeling better soon. :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi Kimmy and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Kimmy92 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Thank You for welcoming me into the forum!!!

I feel very very low today........feel angry and upset all in one, Just feel as though everyone is against me too! :pull-hair:

For a couple of days I have had shooting pain in my right hand and right wrist (yes I am right-handed)!!!!! It's so painful I'm scared to pick up anything heavy incase i drop it! (things like a hot boiling kettle)......I feel so low in myself that I would love to lock myself away from anyone and everyone! Just fed up with everything at the moment, feeling like I haven't got anything to look forward to anymore and for a 20year old thats not very good....(if anyone is wondering I do have depression, but feel low today, everyone is entitled to a bad day surely).

I would love to know if anyone else has this pain too and is it linked to fibro....i have also been talking to some poeple on facebook who have hypermobility, which I was told I had in my last year of school!! Could this be a possible link with fibro??? :crazy:

Somerset girl lost her spirit xx
Kimmy92
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:35 pm

:welcome: to the forum Kimberley :wave: :wave:

Lots of info, advice and support on here, so have a look round and see what you come across. Dealing with the various problems that we have can leave you feeling very alone and isolated as, altho there are plenty of us, quite a number of us don't know anyone locally/within reasonable reach with the same kinds of problems, and that adds a little bit more onto how we feel :facepalm: :facepalm: Hopefully now you've found us it will help you feel that you're not on your own in dealing with things and that there is support when you need it.

The pain that you have described in your right hand and wrist may well be due to your FM~like symptoms (only way I can think of describing them until you get a definite dx :-? :-? ) However, with something new, worsening, or giving you cause for concern, we always suggest having it checked out by a GP just to be sure there isn't anything else causing it. Altho you're still waiting for a dx, you could also see about something to help with your pain if you wanted/needed to, it might help things feel a little more comfortable for you if you decided to do it.

There are number of people on here with joint hypermobility as well as FM, and they are off the opinion that there could be a link between the 2 conditions.

What you've been feeling with your lowness and feelings/emotions being in turmoil is something most of us have experienced, it all seems to be part of the process we have to go thru to reach the point where we can finally live with our conditions rather than battling against it all the time.

Anything else you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello