New to forums

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to forums

Postby Traceyboo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:38 am

Hi every one
I have just joined although I have been reading posts for some time, I was diagnosed in2010 but had fibro for some years before that
Just the last few months have been hell for me
My gp upped my morphine patches from 20 to 35 mg and I am still in a lot of pain
Today has been hell with my ibs carnt walk at all, tomorrow I am seeing a chronic pain counsellor for the first time
Don't no if it will help but will give it a try, waiting for pain clinic again in nov had 2x trigger point injections but don't
Want them again
Gp said he carnt do any more for me so hoping pain clinic come up with something better then trigger point injections
See what tomorrow bring just wanted to say hello :-D

Tracey
Traceyboo
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to forums

Postby Flash » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 am

Hi Tracyboo, welcome to the site, I hope you find the help, support and friendship on here. I have had F/M for over 12 years now and like you, this past few months have been horrendous for me. I have seen others say the same. Weather maybe? Stress brought on by so many changes? Bit of both perhaps.

Sorry to hear you're in so much pain, I hope you have some support around you. It really is a nasty condition to have but with help advise and understanding we get on here, it does make it a little easier. I'm also having a nastier than normal time with IBS, I had to cut out wheat which helped, also take peppermint capsules. I had to cut out the painkillers because of constipation so at the moment I'm not on any. Oh dear... I hope you get more luck at the pain clinic this time.

Take care. :flowers:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby Traceyboo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:45 am

Thank you for your welcome

My ibs today is so bad I have had to delay going to the pain councillor
Now got to wait till end of October but if I carnt go I carnt go
Could be anything that's set me off this time but for months have felt really bad been through the
What's the point stage just trying to drag myself out of feeling like that but as you no its very hard
There's always something comes and try's to put you back in your place
I work 2 days a week for my local council but I am off again this week only just gone bak after 4 weeks
Off with pain
In bed for rest of day for me :sleep:

Tracey
Traceyboo
UKFM Newbie

Postby Flash » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi Tracey, Yes I know only too well. I have been having a lot of days in bed or just sticking in doors, flippin frustrating eh!. Sorry to hear you had to council your appointment, next one isn't too far away though.

Hope you manage to get back to work, I recently had to give up a 10 year voluntary job in a complementary therapy centre as I kept having time off. Yep, it gets you when you least expect it.

Well, the 'What's the point' stage hits us all. One day at a time, and if you can't do what has to be done, I guess it'll still be there tomorrow. And if no one else approves, tough!

Take care and gentle :hugs:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi Tracey and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Traceyboo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:27 am

Thank both of you
Traceyboo
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello