[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - 30 and falling appart!

30 and falling appart!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

30 and falling appart!

Postby Vickyharry1982 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi I'm Vicky, I'm 30 years old and I have fibromyalgia,
I've been suffering quite a time but only got diagnosed last year.
Now being treated like a guinea pig trying to find the right combinations of drugs to make me feel half human
I'm on citalopram, pregabalin, butrans patches, amytriptolene, certirizine, vit b, vitamin c, vit d, calcium, tramadol.....may have forgotten some!
I've looked for support group but their doesn't appear to be one in my area, (near halstead)
I live alone with my 12 yr old son and some pets
The government and ATOS are trying to stop me be able to 'live' they expect me to get back to work!!!! I'm appealing because I'm in wrag.
I don't drive so am stuck at home, I do competitions to try and keep busy,
I get very annoyed because I feel like I'm gradually becoming less and less of the person I was and I hate it.

I'm not always so miserable, I try to stay positive....

I'm hoping to meet some new friends on here that will understand me?!!! Xxx
Vickyharry1982
UKFM Member

Re: 30 and falling appart!

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:48 pm

hi, vicky, im sorry you are having the extra stress form the benefits monsters,

you are not alone with feeling like you are losing the old you, as we have all been there i think, but is still hard,

i have just finished seeing a physio who said the life i had was gone, the life i had isnt to good and iv got to work to get somewhere in the middle, im doing my best to get there,

i still have the odd downer i had one last week but with the help of the nice people on here im back on track.

as you said you try to stay posative and that is what you must coninue to try and do,

has your gp offerd you any other help like talking therapy ect if not it may be worth trying,
i have always found this site to be a great help to me and been given some very good advice, so make the most of it eveybody is lovely.

you need to try and find the right balance of things wich i know is hard but it helped me to keep a diary of what i did and how i felt.

i cant think of anything else at the moment

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Vickyharry1982 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks mason
I did get offered counselling ages ago but as I had a breakdown when I was 17, I did a lot of council lying and didn't find it of use, I'm talked out I'm not exactly depressed I'm just frustrated and upset about my current condition!.
It's hard because my pain consultant told me I would live a painful life and die a painful death, so refused to see him again and got a new one, but that is just pills and drips and now waiting list for acupuncture, but that has at least a years wait!!!!...
In the mean time my dr doesn't seem to deal with any of the other symptoms other than the pain, don't get me wrong he listens and is very good, but he doesn't know what to do!
And benefits /ATOS put me in wrag, which I didn't realise what it was as been on it a yr and hadn't had to do anything but now got a new woman at benefits who says I have to go to groups and do stuff and then told me that I was very negative and that because I'm 30 I have a lot of life ahead of me to think I will have this for long!!!
So now trying to appeal through the CAB,
I use crutches to walk, but can only get about 30 -40 m before I have to stop and too much means I'm in bed for days.

Did you ever see the film wide eyed and leg less, based on a book by Derek Longden, I watched it when I was a teen, now I feel like I'm turning into that woman, Diana.

I try to do things, I'm stubborn apparently, and often end up frustrated or in pain that I can't do it.

Now I want to get out, be independant, but learning to drive scares me because I don't think I would be safe? And so I have half looked at mobility scooters, but my mum just says, I'm not at that stage yet?!!!....I just am so fed up of feeling stuck in a rut. :(
Vickyharry1982
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:34 pm

hi, vicky, i was thinking more about behavoural therapy rather than counciling to help you learn to pace and except yout limitations,

because we have to face the fact that we are limited to what we can do, its not our fault we didnt bring this on our selves or asked for it.

we have to try and learn not to push our bodys beond there limit i know how hard this is as i to am stubbern but i am learning slowly bot the one thing i have moved forward with is i know i will never be back to how i was.

i am very lucky that i own my own biusuness and work for myself with a very good supportive team and husband so i am still working and this is were i fall down because i push to hard and pay big time for it.

even so i truley understand your frustraition and what the man said to you was awful and he should be out of a job.

i think we have to push a little but know when we have done enough and learn as much as we can about the fm and our bodys.

you must keep fighting for your appeal as reading your post you are not well enough to work at the moment.

as for the scooter age has nothing to do with it if it improves you qyality of life all the good as we have to do what we can.

as i have said before this is a great site for sharing your worries and frustraitions.

i hope that i have been pf some help like others have helped me, and i hope you find a way to cope with things in the future.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:36 pm

:welcome: to the forum Vicky :wave: :wave:

There is lots of info and advice on here, so have a look and a read around, you may come across some helpful things to try out. There are a number of members going thru appeals for various benefits, there maybe something useful for you in some of their posts.

There's lots of support for each other on here as we all understand what this condition does to us. This linky takes you to the Support Groups page on the main site http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/fm-suppor ... roups.html It might be worth a look just to see if there is something you may not have come across. Alternatively, Googlying your area and fibro could throw something up, or maybe consider contacting your local council info people, they may be able to tell you what there is in your area. Sometimes searching for a CFS/ME group can throw up something as some support groups cover both conditions.

FM does rob us of who we once were, and accepting that we're not likely to go back to the life we had pre~FM is hard. It takes a while, and we all seem to go thru similar stages, but you will eventually find the right mix of things that mean you can live with your conditions rather than trying to battle against them.

Just ask about anything you want to know about, it doesn't usually take long for someone to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Vickyharry1982 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Thank you guys I must admit what you've just said about accepting that we will never get Our pre/fibro life back has sort of hit me hard,although I knew it already, I can't help but cry maybe this is depression? feels more like grief. just posted another question on another part of this forum about Applying for a personal budget be great to hear what you guys think thanks again xxx
Vickyharry1982
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:43 pm

hi vicky, we do grieve for our old selves its natural i have been threr and back a few times,

but it could be depresipn so maybe a trip to the drs is needed,

i do feel crying sometimes is good its a release fron the stresses and tensions we get.

keep strong and take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:59 pm

It does hit us hard when we realise that things aren't going to be how they used to be, and just like MB, I've been there and back a few times as on our way to finding how we can live with FM we do often revisit some bits that we thought we'd got thru OK :shock: :shock:

I agree with MB about seeing your GP about how you are feeling as well. If it is depression, like all illnesses, the earlier it is caught, the easier it is to deal with. If you feel a bit :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: about discussing this with someone, try writing it down. As well as being able to give it to your GP to read, it can also help with remembering the different things that you want considered.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello