[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - newbie just diagnosed

newbie just diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

newbie just diagnosed

Postby tracey73 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:12 am

hi my name is Tracey i am married with two girls age 9 and 8, i have just been diagnosed with fibro after having all the symptoms over a space of 10 years got a new doctor and she connected all the dots.I am in a lot of pain just now and still getting meds sorted out so i am a newbie to all the meds that can be used as its mostly pain and not being able to sleep and its getting me down as right now i dont know enough about the condition. so any help and advice is greatly appreciated.thanks Tracey
tracey73
UKFM Member

Re: newbie just diagnosed

Postby maxtomads » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Tracey. I'm a newbie too, so maybe we can learn together?
Look forward to chatting with you,
Chris.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby tracey73 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:19 am

sounds good chris thanx.Tracey
tracey73
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi Tracy and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby liz03 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi , My name is liz and I am new to this site I live in kilmarnock and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 3 week ago after having been treated for sero negative arthritis for 2 years I have good days and bad days, having a bad week this week as all joints are hurting, Doctor has prescribed a sleeping pill which, I must say is working as night times are the worse and during the day I just struggle on with the help of painkillers looking forward to chatting to you all x
liz03
UKFM Newbie

Postby Vimsen » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum, newcomers :-D
Some days are for living.
Others are for getting trough.
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:43 pm

:welcome: to the forum Tracey :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tracey73 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:10 am

tracey73
UKFM Member

Postby tracey73 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:12 am

Thanks guys it feels good to talk to other people who feel the same. i am fed up being told it is all in my head if only they could feel how we feel for one day they wouldn't be long handing it back and saying sorry. :crazy:
tracey73
UKFM Member

Postby liz03 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Tracey, How are you today ? Im not so sore today just my knees aching. You said that you,re not sleeping at night ,have you asked the doctor for something to help you sleep as I find that they work well for me. My doctor has been really great with me and the arthritis doctor that I go to is brilliant as she really understands the pain im in at times as some days the pain is so bad I cant get down the stairs and it does get me so down as ive went from being a fit energetic person to this and I cant get my head round it as its so frustrating as im only 48 and feel like a 90yr old anyway enough moaning from me mention to your doctor that you,re not sleeping and feeling down and im sure she,ll give you something as if you can sleep at night you,ll manage the pain better during the day as you wont feel so tired and drained take care x ( you live about 7 miles from me )
liz03
UKFM Newbie

Postby tracey73 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:56 pm

tracey73
UKFM Member

Postby liz03 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi,Tracie, oh you poor soul are you ok? bet that was sore maybe best to get yourself checked out as you,ve hurt your neck. Im not to bad knees still sore and has been for over a week now, went a walk to asda yesterday with my grandson and I was knackered by the time I got back. Im taking 3 amitriptyline a night and they are working as before ,I was up all night as I couldnt sleep for the pain also I have tramadol and dihydrocodeine and naproxen and touch wood so far they are working you maybe just need to get different sleeping pill . This illness really gets me down and I try and just carry on but somedays it beats me.Im needing a week in the sun I asked my doctor could I get one on the nhs but he just laughed thank god we dont pay for prescriptions or I would be pennyless hope your feeling better soon x
liz03
UKFM Newbie

Postby tracey73 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:25 pm

tracey73
UKFM Member

Postby liz03 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi Tracey, How are you ? sorry for not writing lately grandson broke the screen of laptop so had to get it repaired. Ive been in alot of pain for 3 weeks now and it just wont let up and I dont feel the painkillerss are helping any longer im feeling very down at the moment with it .My doc thinks theres a fibro support group at crosshouse hospital so im going to see if I can find any info when it is and i,ll let you know if you fancy joining it. Hows the sleeping pills working ? hope they are helping you take care x
liz03
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello