[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello Again

Hello Again

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello Again

Postby maxtomads » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:58 am

Hi again everyone!
I introduced myself a few months ago when I had just got my diagnosis. I haven't been on here since as I needed some time to sort myself out.
I think I've now got used to the idea of having FM, even if the reality is somewhat different to that!
I'm a self-employed Physio, very busy, and have had to gradually cut down to 3 days a week over the last few years. I struggle at that, but can't manage financially with any less.
My main hobbies are horses and dogs - I have 2 horses & 6 dogs - so I suppose my biggest struggle is in looking after them. It's not like I can just ditch them - they're part of who I am - so I'm trying to find ways around looking after them and managing the work & FM. Thankfully 'him indoors' helps with them although he does have a problem with some aspects of my having FM, but that's another story! :-?
I also enjoy knitting, sewing, and other craft work, but find that even doing small amounts makes my hands very sore.
Anyway, enough wittering for now.
I'm looking forward to meeting you all - as I said when I joined but then disappeared - hopefully I'm here to stay this time! :-D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Re: Hello Again

Postby spencebel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:50 am

Hi
Welcome.
What breed of dogs do you have?
I have one dog a boxer, he is only 3 hubby takes him on lots of walks, i walk him when i can, but i would not be without him, he is a reason to get up to see to him, when hubby is at work. He seems to understand when i need to lie down, to have a nap etc, he takes himself to bed.
Please stay with us, the group made me feel very welcome.
Gentle hugs
Spencebel :-) :welcome:
spencebel
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi and :welcome: back :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby maxtomads » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi fellow dog lover! Thanks for the welcome. :smile:
I have 3 'oldies', a lab/dalmation x, a lab & a golden retriever. I also have 3 youngish springers & have only just waved my latest litter of pups off to their new homes.
Dogs are such wonderful companions but it worries & upsets me that I can't do the things with them that they need.
Same with the horses - I haven't ridden at all this year as the pain / stiffness & repercussions the following days don't let me. Thankfully they're living out at the moment so there's no mucking out, but goodness knows what'll happen come winter, some days I can't even get to the farm to see them just now. Anyway, cross that one when it comes!!
As I'm new to all this I'm open to any suggestions!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:03 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: back :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I hope you've managed to get yourself a bit more settled since your last visit. It does take time to take everything in and get used to it when you're told you have FM, and we each have to find our way thru it. Things do get a little brighter as you get closer tho 8-) 8-) 8-)

I'm owned by a springie, I wish we could have more doglets but I know I wouldn't be able to manage with several of them :( :( :( For when your horses come back in for the winter, have you thought about seeing if a local older kid/teenager will help with the mucking out and things in exchange for a bit of riding. That could help with not just the heavy, smelly work as well as giving the horses a bit more exercise and occupying them a bit more :-? :-? :-?

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby maxtomads » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi again! Thanks, I have thought down those lines. Problem is 1 of them is a huge shire x that only rides in a rope halter as that's all he's been taught - he doesn't respond to 'traditional' methods of riding. I'm trying to find someone who is willing to learn the more natural method rather than bhs but struggling due to his size. Will keep looking though.
Reading posts on the forum makes me feel lucky to still be able to do what I do, albeit tinged with worry about what may be in the future, but got to stay positive eh??;-)

maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:21 am

I hope you find someone able to take him on for you and maybe with a bit of pacing and help you will manage to carry on looking after them for a long time yet. There was another member here who had horses and was facing the same problems as you (not with the shire :shock: ) but just in general terms of looking after them and riding so hopefully you'll get some suggestions that will help :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby maxtomads » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks denys. Trying so hard to be positive.... This illness certainly shows you who your friends are (or more accurately aren't) doesn't it :-x

maxtomads
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello