[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi from single lesbian mum with fibro

Hi from single lesbian mum with fibro

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby mims76 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi there!
I've decided to join as my list of fibro related symptoms seem to be getting worse. I've taken comfort in the fact that there are other people who feel the same way as I do and I'm not going insane! I was diagnosed 3 years ago by a rheumatologist after I complained of tingling sensations and numbness in my legs that came and went. I have had other symptoms appear, disappear, then reappear again! My current problem is IBS and not being able to sit comfortably or sleep comfortably at night. I have lower back pains and am fed up being fobbed off by my GP telling me its all fibro and my latest is vulvodynia? Well I wish they would tell me what treatments are effective as all I want to do is get on with my days with less pain. I have been given Amitriptyline 20mg's now and it has made me feel very depressed :-? I don't know if this is a normal side effect but I wasn't depressed for no reason prior to taking these pills. I've only started on them 3 weeks ago but it hasn't really helped much with my lower back pains unfortunately. I just find that it helps me sleep quicker at night and not pondering on my assignment topics :-D .
I do sometimes feel very alone especially as I don't know other people who understand what I'm going through as well as being a single gay mum of 2. I know I keep a lot inside and feel I need to be the strong one for my children and studying does add to the pressure.

xx
mims76
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi from single lesbian mum with fibro

Postby Vimsen » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi, and welcome (also gay) :)

Wanted to say so much more, but I'm a wreck from not sleeping well at night lately. But I hope your pain does not continue to get worse. Have you ever tried Lyrica? I started using them because of anxiety, but since being diagnosed with FM, I hope they help ease the pain a little as well.
Some days are for living.
Others are for getting trough.
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:44 pm

hi mims, i take amatryptaline as well but havnt noticed that side effect, are you not on any other pill for pain if not there is some suggestions on the nhs web site,

i take tramadol paracetomol and celebrex,

its hard to bottle things up and put on the brave face evey day but on here we all understand so we can let everything out if we need to
so come in and let us help if you feel the need.

i hope you get more help for the pain it can be trial and error for a while.

and hope the studies go well

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum mims :wave: :wave: Nice to have you with us :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You're very definitely not alone with this nightmare of a condition. As for the not going insane, altho you may not be at the moment, you definitely will do after you've been with us for a while :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx This linky might be helpful for you, it explains about some of the meds/treatments that can be used in trying to manage FM. It might be worth seeing what is available to you and what might be suitable for you to try.

WRT to amitriptyline, it can take about a month to get into your system and make its presence felt fully. Maybe giving it a little longer could help with how you're feeling. If not, you could ask your GP about nortriptyline. It's a very similar med to the amis, but is said to be better tolerated and have fewer effects.

There is all sorts of info and advice across the forum, so have a bit of a read and a look around and see what there is. Anything you want to know about, just ask and someone will :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi Mims and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pinky1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi mims! I'm also a single lesbian mummy :-)
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby mims76 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:09 am

Hi vimsen, masonsbarms,fluppypuffy,denys,pinky1 :wave:
Sorry I've only been able to reply now as I was unable to get comfortable after fetching little one from school. So lovely to get some support here :-) Thank you for all the suggestions and info about medicines. I don't know how to reply to individual messages as I'm not too clever with these things :-?
Well since I was diagnosed 3 years ago I was living on ibuprofen which can't be good and only when I really felt like pulling my hair out did I go see my GP who says oh I have sciatica and gave me codomol. I haven't been given any other painkillers and I still wasn't sure why doc gave me Amitriptyline :-? She says its for pain so I didn't know I should take anything else. I was told to keep taking my ibs tablets which I am. However, it just feels like my whole back is stuffed and can't sit or lay one one side which is very annoying. Bladder and bowels seem to have a mind of their own :roll:
I do suffer from anxiety on and off and feel it in my stomach which doesn't help anything! I will ask about tablets for that perhaps and also reviewing the amitriptyline if it keeps depressing me!
How does everyone else manage to balance pain and having a normal life? Has it changed your life dramatically? I feel I struggle with relationships as I don't want to be a burden on anyone :( It seems to be a vicious circle with studying as I need to study to change my career as I can no longer sit at a desk like I used to but finding that I am sitting more now whilst studying! Has anyone visited chiropractors or any other alternative treatments for pain?

xx
mims76
UKFM Newbie

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:18 pm

hi,mims, bit of a muddled head today so bere with me,

fm dose change your life and we all have to try and work out what helps and what dosent you could keep a dairy and see how you are pain and fatigue with what you do then learn how to pace what you do hard to do i know but you can improve things a little,

with meds i was on co cods first but find tramadol helps more, the anies help with sleep and crams and spasams,

i also take solifenacine for a over active bladder wich has been put down to fm and has stopped me constantly wanting to pee and having the odd accident,

you could ask your dr about cbt of physio not just for exercises but education learn as much as you can about fm and how it affects you,

it will never go to plan all the time but i do feel that i am now helping myself more and just recently i did get some life back for a while
back to work and bed this week but those few days were great and i know ther will be more to come and that what is kepping me going with trying to balance things.

i hope you can find your balence with things and dont forget you will aleays find help and support on here.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum mims :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello