Newbie here...but not to Fibro'!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie here...but not to Fibro'!

Postby moonhare » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:12 pm

[b] A big HELLO to everyone,

As I said in the subject title, I'm new to this site as a member, though I have been aware of it for a few months, and I felt that as it was so supportive and friendly I would like to be a part of it.

I'm Julze, a biker gal of 52 years, and for the past couple of decades or so, have had to deal with having this dratted condition. Though it hasn't stopped me from living my life completely, it has, over the years, curtailed it somewhat - for example I used to ride my own bike, but now I can only go as a pillion, and even that exhausts me....but the grin on my face after a ride out says it all, and it boosts my moral no end!!!

I live in North Yorkshire which has some fabulous countryside , and so I escape up there whenever I can to walk a little, breath in the air, create some art, and realise that no matter what, life is worth living.

It would be lovely to chat with anyone here, about fibro - or not - as the case may be.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all.

Hugs and smiles to you all.x.x.
moonhare
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie here...but not to Fibro'!

Postby maxtomads » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi Julze! Good to meet you. My oh is an ex-biker (ex due to a serious accident years ago) and still dreams of the magic wand that will allow him to ride again. I'm new here too, sure we'll bump into each other on various topics. X

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:42 pm

:welcome: to the forum Julze

I have always loved bikes as well but only rode a scooter myself but loved riding pillion. My OH also has fibro, we tried to hang on to his bike for as long as we could but fibro made us sale it in the end :( we had some great ride outs on that.

We have lots of info and support on here so have a read around & just shout if you need us. :wine:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby moonhare » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Thankyou both so much! To be honest I over did it - in a good way - yesterday, and am paying the price today. So what better excuse could I need then to just sit and drink tea, read through the forums on here, which i'm really enjoying, and watch the world go by.

Lovely to meet you both.....and you have links to the biker world too....Wahoo!!!. I was riding up to the beginning of this tear, but as I now have developed Tennis Elbow and golfers elbow in both arms, I found that I couldn't handle the bike with maximum safety. So time to step away from the bars I thought, as I could never have forgiven myself had I caused harm to any one . Still love being a pilly though!!!

Big Hugs .x.
moonhare
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello