Hello new on here 0 points after medical

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello new on here 0 points after medical

Postby Tiamarie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:00 pm

:-) Hi to every one my name is Jane I am 50 yr old , I have 4 grown up children and 2 grandchildren , 6 weeks ago after 16 yrs of feeling rough lol the docs putting every thing down to stress bringing my children up single handed like many other parents and holding a job down , I was told I have fibromyalgia , thank goodness I felt relived that the doc had now gave a name to the way I have been feeling . Then my blood results being repeated I am now told I have under active Thyroid , I am on levothyroxine , I feel now that my doc got blood results they are now not believing about the fibro , I feel shocking :( . Sorry to have gone on a bit I am at a loss at the moment :-?
Last edited by Tiamarie on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiamarie
UKFM Member

Re: Hello new on here

Postby maxtomads » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi Jane, good to meet you. I'm newly diagnosed too after a long time of thinking it was all down to stress & one day I'd feel better. I've only been on here a week or two but already feel there are so many good people on here it's doing me more good than all the meds. Welcome to the fibro family!!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby Tiamarie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Maxtomads,

Thank you for the welcome :-D I feel like I am not alone or going mad lol now I found this forum
Hope you feel well today and I hope to speak to you again keep safe :-D
Tiamarie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 pm

:welcome: to the forum TiaMarie :wave: :wave:

Sorry to hear how you are at the moment, when you're wading thru the dx stage, everything can turn downside up and outside in within a split second. What is it that makes you think your GP is not believing that it is FM?? With the number of overlapping symptoms for both conditions, it could be that your GP is wanting to see how you respond to treatment for your thyroid before adding a definite FM dx to the mix as well :-? :-?

There is lots of info and advice on here, so have a look and a read around, you may come across some helpful things to try :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diane1 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:10 pm

:welcome: Tia Marie

This is a great site for help,advice,a shoulder to cry on,hugs,sympathy and best of all laughs and friendship. :lol:

Ive been on here for a few years now and dip in and out more in since I had to give up work. the good thing is that your never on your own here and no question is silly.

I'm 47 and have had fibro for over 12 years diagnosed 8 years ago. Since then ive found out that I also have many related conditions but rather than feel like a hypercondriac pre fibro diagnosis I now take it easier.

Check out the joke of the day blog and MAISIE THE STORY OF A PREGNANT DOG AND CARER.They are things we put on so we can learn more about each other have a laugh and feel more like friends.

Welcome again. :bear-dancing: :grouphug:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby crystalkaz » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:15 am

:wave: Hello and :welcome: Tia Maria to the forum it is really a godsend, we are all in the same boat just on different journeys.
You will learn soooo much from others, they will give you good advice and offer support when most needed. :hugs:
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:25 pm

:welcome: to the forum TiaMarie :wave:

There are many fibro sufferers who also suffer with thyroids so it is possible for you to have both, if you have a read around the forum you will come across some posts.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tiamarie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi to every one , thank you so much for all the support and messages :-D . I am going to see my doc again next week and have a long chat with him and hopefully get some answers . I feel better knowing the support is here from all you nice people , I will update when I have spoken to doc next week , Take care to every one and thank you again hugs to all Jane

P.s message to Fluppy Puffy after my blood results came back for the second time showing under active thyroid he sort of dismissed the fm , I need to add sorry that it was a different doc that first said fm ( same practice ) :-?
Tiamarie
UKFM Member

Re: Hello new on here 0 points after medical

Postby Tiamarie » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Good after-noon to every one ,

Well I just rang job centre to see if my results had come through from my medical , yes the lady answered you have 0 points ,
I am on basic ESA sending sick notes in .
I am feeling very low at the moment got to get another sick note on Wednesday , do I ask my doc for letter to send in to d.w.p
To help with my appeal ? . I have looked on the forum forgive me if I have had my eye's closed but could not find answer's where people are
On basic ESA which I have been on for past 3 months , before that I was on j.s.a.
After having to leave my hair dressing job I could no longer do 6 months previous .

:hugs: to one and all we need it .

Hope some one will enlighten me on what to do next please
Thank you take care Jane x
Tiamarie
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:54 am

Hi Tia Marie

You first need to ask the DWP for a statement of reasons as to why you got zero points as its only then you can chalenge her decisions.

If you have only just been diagnosed and dont have any back up from hospitl or consultant reports etc it can be hard to get any points on ESA. I would ask you GP to refer you to a consultant rheumatologist so that he can confirm the diagnosis and offer other help such as medication or other treatments. Just being refered will help with your claim as it shows your GP is confident with his dx. I only say this as it is known that some GPs are placing the fibro dx on patients they are finding hard to dx alot of which once see the rheumy dont have fibro. The dwp are aware of this !

Its so hard now getting benefits as we have to struggle past the strict medical regime and Atos of course. Youl probably see from here the struggle many of us have had. The main thing is to get as much evidence as possible from wherever that might be. Also keeping a diary of how each day is, is also very helpful as you forget how you were on certain days.

Good Luck and :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby Tiamarie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 am

Good morning Diane1 ,
Thank you for your message I am seeing my doc this week I have under active thyroid which I am taking tablets for
I will ask to see a rheumatologist .

Take care lots of hugs Jane x
Tiamarie
UKFM Member

Postby Tiamarie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:40 am

P.s sorry for short message but have a lot of pain today x
Tiamarie
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:55 am

Tiamarie

You dont have to apologise its probably the stress. Try and relax watch a chick flick feel good film and eat lots of chocolate [chocolate]

I hope you feel better soon. I'm sending you lots of gentle :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :blowkiss:
diane1
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello