Nottingham (East/South)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nottingham (East/South)

Postby Charlie28 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello

Anybody in the area around Nottingham city or East/south of the city?

Charlie (Charlotte)
Charlie28
UKFM Member

Re: Nottingham (East/South)

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:40 pm

:wave: Charlie

Have you had a look to see if there are any support groups in your area? :fingerscrossed: someone will come along
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Charlie28 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks.

A couple of friends have suggested putting a notice(s) in local surgeries with some details on... I might try it to see if I can meet anyone.
Charlie28
UKFM Member

Postby zircon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:25 pm

:-D Hi Charlie28 & all other Fibro sufferers

I'm new to posting on this site, so please excuse newness. I was diagnosed with Fibro 8 years ago. I have often found this site useful and comforting to know I am not alone with FM. Thought id give posting ago, espiecally when I saw your post Charlie28, I think there was also posts from Mizk and sailor-ichigo (hope I got names right). I am interested in meeting people with FM in Nottingham and joining a support group. I used to go to City Hospital old FM support Group, For a long time I found the group very helpful with talks on FM. I made several good friends with FM, I still see some of them socially today. I did drop out of group the last few years as had heard most of talks and it did seem a bit depressing at times. Disability Support In Nottingham (tel- 0115 9583948) have been trying to set up a Fibro support group for a while. I've only managed to get to one meeting, unfortunately that time only me and the person from Disabilty Support turned up. I intend to go again & support group. They meet once a month at The Boathouse at CastleMarina Retail Park for a few hours at the moment. I understand they are going to send any members a questionaire on what they want from the group. I did ask their permissiion about putting tel number on site. With the other group being depressing I hope this group will be more social, for people with fibro to meet & chat, but remain social & uplifting to. I live 5 miles outside Nottingham, in North Nottingham, easy bus route. If you Charlie28 or any other Nott'm members want to get in touch, please do. My e-mail is- *****

edit email address due to security reasons, please send email address via personal message, thank you *Lisa* (moderator)

I
zircon
UKFM Newbie

Postby zircon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi Charlie 28 & other members

Just noticed the year you posted on site, I do hope your still visiting site. I only noticed your post a few weeks ago and have waited till fibro fog lifted to post on site. Hope to hear from you & any other people in Nottingham :lol:
zircon
UKFM Newbie

Postby zircon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Perhaps fibro fog hasn't lifted, noticed a recent post. Good news, I hope! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :yikes:
zircon
UKFM Newbie

Postby Charlie28 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm

Sandy/Zircon

I read your message and thought "Oh yeah, that was years ago"... then checked it again and realised it was only 8 Oct THIS year that I posted it... so we're BOTH suffering with fibrofog LOL.

I live roughly 7/8 miles out of Nottingham to the east. What I find difficult is that I work (part time) have young kids and do the school run etc but I STILL want to know and be able to meet other people with fibro, perhaps once a month, so that we can have a laugh/moan about it all. I was so well over August this year I almost forgot I had fm, so when Sept came, and the cold, and the school run etc... it all came back and I felt it really was time to see if I can meet some others with it.

I think, reading a lot of the posts, that I dont suffer badly with it. But really, without speaking to people/meeting people, it's so hard to tell.

Anyway, yes please do keep me updated about the situation with the group at Castle Marina. Wouldn't take me long to get there (is it evenings? cant remember if you said). Do you work?

anyway, thanks for reply and hope to speak again.

Charlie (Charlotte)
Charlie28
UKFM Member

Postby mouseyone » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:31 pm

I would be interested in this group too. I live in Notts :)
mouseyone
UKFM Member

Postby tintagel » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi, I am in Hucknall Nottingham. New to all this and would love some other FM sufferers to meet and receive/give support to/from. Information from others experiences would be great too. please count me in.
tintagel
UKFM Member

Postby zircon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Charlie (Charlotte) Tintagel, Mouseyone, sailor-ichigo and any other fibro suffers

I am 55 years old. I was dianosed with FM 8 years ago & unfortunately seems to be getting worse each year. I haven't been able to work for years with bad health. I have two grown up kids, one whos disabled which also led to work probs, not her fault, bless her love her obv'sly very much. I live in Watnall, so ur very close Tintagel. The next meeting of the fibro group (which Disability Support run
tel.0115 9583948) is this Friday 2nd Nov @1.30 pm @ Boat House, Castle Marina. I'm really hoping to make it, but unfortunately like most of us health isn't g8 at mo (some new symptoms) so fingers crossed! I'd love to meet some of you there. I am mostly a upbeat person & very interested in meeting new friends with fibro.
Last edited by zircon on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zircon
UKFM Newbie

Postby tintagel » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi Zircon,

Unfortunately I have a GP appt this Fri at 2pm, which Ihave to go to so won,t be able to go to meeting. . .disappointed hoping i can make next one. U do live close I go through Watnall to work every day, would Love to get to know you. I'm new to this and not sure how to give you my tel no, so you can txt me if you choose to or email. If you are interested in mutual support/experiences and can tell me how to give you my contact details would love to here from you.
By the way i'm 48 yrs old and have 2 grown up sons. I live with youngest son and hubby plus pets. I'm a residential social care worker with teenagers. Live top end of Hucknall.

I will keep my eye on this thread.

Bye for now, Tintagel
tintagel
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:37 pm

tintagel wrote:Hi Zircon,

Unfortunately I have a GP appt this Fri at 2pm, which Ihave to go to so won,t be able to go to meeting. . .disappointed hoping i can make next one. U do live close I go through Watnall to work every day, would Love to get to know you. I'm new to this and not sure how to give you my tel no, so you can txt me if you choose to or email. If you are interested in mutual support/experiences and can tell me how to give you my contact details would love to here from you.
By the way i'm 48 yrs old and have 2 grown up sons. I live with youngest son and hubby plus pets. I'm a residential social care worker with teenagers. Live top end of Hucknall.

I will keep my eye on this thread.

Bye for now, Tintagel

Hi
It is best to give each other your private details through PM and not on the forum for security reasons.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby zircon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi Tintagel or Shazq ( think you've got 2 log in names, unless my fibrofog) & other Nott'm fibro pals

Thanks for post. I've sent you a message via private messages with my mobile number, id love to hear from you. Hopefully you get message OK, as new to this and just trying to find my way around (trile & error ). Like I said im hoping to go Friday, health permitting, as is always the case for all of us with fibro.So hopefully anybody else in Nottingham area reading this will maybe turn up 2. I'll post how I got on :-D
zircon
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:39 pm

zircon wrote:Hi Tintagel or Shazq ( think you've got 2 log in names, unless my fibrofog) & other Nott'm fibro pals

Thanks for post. I've sent you a message via private messages with my mobile number, id love to hear from you. Hopefully you get message OK, as new to this and just trying to find my way around (trile & error ). Like I said im hoping to go Friday, health permitting, as is always the case for all of us with fibro.So hopefully anybody else in Nottingham area reading this will maybe turn up 2. I'll post how I got on :-D

Hi Zircon
To send a PM to someone you should see the PM symbol under the persons name on the left hand side. (it will stay in your out box until that person has signed in & read it). :goodluck1:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello