Newbie Here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie Here

Postby PolkaBunny » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi everyone - I'm a newbie here.

I'm Sarah Jane, im 24 and I'm from Essex.
I first started feeling unwell this time last year, I put it down to stress and exhaustion after finishing my final year of uni but it never went away. I started to feel pain with everything, and it was agonising. Sleep became difficult too. Gradually symptoms got worse, my main symptoms were of course the pain, but also fatigue, tinnitus, IBS like symptoms, headaches, sore itchy scalp which felt like it was burning, burning feet and hands, spasms, muscle twitching - and more of course, theres always more! My skin began to suffer and I was diagnosed with Chronic Urticaria in June.

I was then sent to the CFS/M.E service and they said my pain was too high for M.E, and it was Fibromyalgia. I had suspected I had one of the two for a long time really, it just "fit".

I don't know if it...came on a year ago or if I have been suffering it mildy for years, because when I was a teenager I was always unwell - periods were ridiculously painful, I got admitted to the hospital twice for stomach pain - suspected apendicitus but they couldnt find a problem, I have suffered IBS and flare ups of urticaria for years (to the point where my face would get hard bumps etc). I also suffered with knee and ankle problems and always fell over, and in May 2010 - I fell over and snapped my ankle in two places. It was a horrific break and it took me a long time to recover. I also have asthma - although I have never had an attack, I just get out of breath and a tight chest. I also get hard lumps over my body, I have one on my upper thigh at the moment, and other places.

I dont know if the last paragraph has anything to do with FM - maybe its just life and its nothing to do with it but, I just thought id mention it in case it was linked.

Really looking forward to actually being part of a community, i know how much it helps. x
PolkaBunny
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie Here

Postby woodbon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 pm

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. IBS is linked, I think and as for the other things I don't know, but if your so run down it must effect other things.

It is good to find others with the same things isn't it? I think it helped me and I'm glad it helps you.

Love Suexx
woodbon
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:15 am

:wave: :wave: Sarah Jane and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave:

I've moved your intro into here so you're now in the right place :clap: :clap: I've also removed the other post where you'd realised you were in the wrong part of the forum to save on confusion and duplicated posts :mrgreen: :mrgreen: It doesn't take much to addle most of us these days :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

There's lots of info and advice across the boards, so have a look and a read around, you may come across some helpful suggestions :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's quite possible that one or other of the things you think may have been your trigger could have brought it on, or it could have been both of them adding their effects to things that set things off. With FM being so vague and unpredictable, and so little being known about it's origins and workings at the moment, there could be a number of factors/triggers that sets it off in us, such as the trauma, pain and problems that came from when you fell and snapped your ankle.

There has been a recent topic asking if lumps on the body are part of FM. Some of us hadn't heard of them being related to the condition, but someone who also has the problem, and knows of others with them said that they are, so it's possible that they could be related. Same with your ankle and knee problems and the clumsiness and IBS~ like symptoms, they are problems that a lot of us also have in varying degrees.

I think I've waffled on at you for long enough for now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Just ask if there's anything you want to know about, there's usually someone around to offer an answer or [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] if it seems a more suitable reply :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby PolkaBunny » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:08 am

Thank you, that is helpful :) xx
PolkaBunny
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum polkabunny :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello