[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie, not diagnosed but 90% sure

Newbie, not diagnosed but 90% sure

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie, not diagnosed but 90% sure

Postby bessieboops » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi All :-)

Would just like to introduce myself and hopefully get a bit of advice.

I'm Tracey, 40 with 3 children, one left home and the other two 13 and 11 :-D .

I haven't been diagnosed but am 90% sure I have Fibro. The symptoms started over 2 years ago (3 if you count the IBS), first my hip/groin pain and around that time had really tender thighs. I've tried 2 lots of physio, 1 lot of acupuncture and now Chiropractors since June costing me roughly £700 which I can't really afford :( . I have suffered chronic back pain 20+ years hence I first went to Chiros.

I now have 12 of the 18 tender points, have fatigue regularly, forget quite a lot (fibro fog?). I have tennis elbow in both arms, plantar faciitis, dogey knee so am not a happy bunny and at the same time take 6-8 tramadol a day, mebverine for the IBS and naproxyen when I remember to take, I only get a decent nights sleep as Ive taken 2 x amytriptaline for the past 18months but wake up in agony scared to move cause of the pain (and thats with a memory foam mattress).

Anyway what Im trying to say is do I visit my doc and come right out with it (as I already feel a hyperchondriac) or I don't know what else to do :?: :?: .

Any suggestions would be really welcome and really really sorry for the longish post :oops:
bessieboops
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie, not diagnosed but 90% sure

Postby lolabolla » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:15 am

Hi love,

I would ask your GP to refer you to a rheumatologist, your GP may diagnose you if they are familiar with fibro but a rheumy sees fibro every day.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:46 pm

:welcome: bessiboops :wave:

I would try to get some answers out of your gp, have they mentioned fibro to you? if they are not going to give you the answer then ask to be refereed to a Rheumy to get a diagnoses. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:33 pm

:welcome: to the forum Tracy :wave: :wave:

If you feel that your various problems could be due to FM, your GP is where you need to start. Take some info with you about FM, the NHS Choices pages are good for this as your GP cannot say anything about the source of research, here's the linky http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... ction.aspx Also take some details about how you feel your various symptoms and problems fit in with FM, then see what your GP has to say. Hopefully they will acknowledge it as a possibility and start things off to see what is the reason for what you have been experiencing :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There is lots of info and advice on here, so while your waiting to see about a diagnosis, have a look and a read around, you may come across some helpful ideas to try :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bessieboops » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi

Thanks for the info much appreciated :-) , think I will take the NHS thing, I just feel a bit of a hypochondriac every time I go with something else but am getting totally peeed off with the way I feel on a daily basis (as I say to my kids am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired :-? )

Will keep you posted, hopefully can get some kind of answers.

T
bessieboops
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Hope you start getting some answers soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello