Well hello there!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Well hello there!

Postby ZoeVictorias » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi all, I'm Zoe and I've know I'm odd for a while now :crazy:
I'm 26 and live and work in London now.
I was diagnosed with some kind of Rheumatoid Arthritis about 10 years ago or so, but it's never been fully controlled and I had a lot of other health problems all the time. I managed to drag my way through uni (after extending it to 4 years as I couldn't manage all my 3rd year in one year) and managed to get a BA in Music (Performance) with Digital Arts, which basically means I love to play various instruments to a pretty ok standard, and I like to use computers to make art, music, video, photos and random other installations!
I've always been very independent, I was forced to move away from home when I was 17, thanks an abusive mum who never believed I was ill, it's all in my head/growing pains/attention seeking etc. But I've coped better alone anyway.

Nowadays I work in a library type place which does a bit of everything, adult learning, computer courses, music, stories and rhymes with kids and music concerts. Due to me having to take a lot of time off work due to 'arthritis' and a host of other things, I eventually got referred to a new Rheumy who instantly agreed I have rheumatoid arthritis and this new thing I had never heard of, this Fibromyalgia...

I already had severe bouts of depression, but I have been attacked and raped twice in my life, and having to live with being disabled and alone from so young which are both rather large contributors to it.

I found this forum instantly after coming home and googleing, as I was fascinated that all my little 'problems' are all from this one thing and I was curious what others had with it too.
It all fits now, my fibrofog is my stupid blonde moments (I've found my shoes in the oven and my coat in the fridge is one of my favourites), general all over hurtyness isn't just the arthritis attacking things so I don't have to worry about it destroying my body already, and at times I can sleep for England! I'm not tired, but I just can't move from my lovely bed, and now I can't just blame it on laziness :P
And a load of other things that I just can't think of right now :)

I'm hoping that using this forum will stop me feeling so alone, I have a non existent social life outside of work, so I struggle to make friends, especially ones who can deal with me being so daft on occasions and generally unable to go out clubbing every weekend. I'm not even thinking about how to being dating people now, I need to understand myself again and learn to laugh with people, and I'm hoping reading about other people going through similar things will help me a bit.

So there we go, a little about me, which I have to say was one of the scariest things I've ever written, I'm not used to sharing myself with random strangers, but I just felt like I fitted in here when discovering it yesterday.
I look forward to chatting with people and stuff!
ZoeVictorias
UKFM Newbie

Re: Well hello there!

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Nice to hear from you and :welcome: :

I hope this diagnosis helps you learn more about yourself , and this Fibro thingey :crazy:

:goodluck2: on your journey
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby diane1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi Zoe and :welcome:

I'm glad youve found this site as you'l find it a godsend . You can log on for a laugh :lol: ,advise :-? ,to sound off :scream-1: and just for some good company and a chat :grouphug:

Its good that fibro is becoming known now as when I was first thought to have it by Drs back in 1990 there wasnt the support out there and we were all classed as hypercondriacs.

You've done really well coping on your own and in completing a degree you should be really proud. You'l notice that there are lots of single people on here some young some older and some ladies and some gents so you could get chatting to them about how it effects you as a youngster.

Hope to hear from you more.

Di
:chicken-dance: :blowkiss: :flowers:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:22 pm

hi zoe, you are in the right place to share all you worries fears and advice, that is the way i feel its like you can talk on here like you dont talk to others face to face as nobody judges you,

you do seem to be a very strong person as you have had a lot to cope with in your life and have achived so much and that is a show of your inner strenghth,

i have found this site a great help and support to me more than my human friends (not saying everybody isnt human but the ones we see) and i hope you get the same out of it,

some one always seem to have the answers or the right words to lift you when you are feeling down or alone,

i hope you come to understand your fm and find the way to cope,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:36 pm

:welcome: to the forum Zoe :wave:

Hope you will feel right at home here, we can be a little crazy at times :crazy: but we are also very supportive & have lots & lots of info on here, if you get stuck with anything just give one of us Mods a shout :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:46 pm

:welcome: to our fibro sanctuary Zoe :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: We all understand what this condition does to us so there's lots of advice and support and when all else fails we can resort to :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: to get thru the day :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

With you being newly dx'd you've probably got loads of questions and things whizzing around your head, so have a look around 8-) 8-) As you find your way around, you may come across some answers to things you're wondering about in amongst all the info and advice. And of course you can ask about things, it doesn't usually take too long for someone to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply, there's a good chance that someone will have experienced something similar to what you're asking about and will have some suggestions for you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello