Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby franzipan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:41 pm

hi everyone.never been on a forum before so excuse if i rabble on a bit.Diagnosed in february along with nerve damage in arms from neck injury 15 years ago(went sand toboggoning in New Zealand and didn't flip my board up at end and went head first into sand.Didn't have any symptons apart from hurt my shoulder) I am struggling with all the mass aches and fluey feelings.The main problem I have is my right hand swells up to double its size at times and when in bed it is agony unable to sleep.Just been back to rhumatologist and he gave me steroid injection.he is very puzzled with everything and sent me for blood tests and xrays on hands, feet and chest.Previously I had xray on neck and it showed 3 vertbrae touching.What I want to know is that is anyone else having the swellings of hands to such extreme and do you think it is connected to the fibromyalgia.I have been on sick leave from work as a cook since august and doctor says I will not work again
franzipan
UKFM Newbie

Re: newbie

Postby Vimsen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:53 pm

:welcome: to the forum :) You'll find lots of information on this website, and lots of supporting people on the forum. It's a good place to be :)
Some days are for living.
Others are for getting trough.
Vimsen
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum franzipan. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

pain relelief

Postby franzipan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:43 pm

have been given steroid injection and feel like new woman..can even do some bits of ironing now.
If I have steroids all time will it cause damage to my body.Friend said it would damage my heart and add weight to me
franzipan
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi Franzipan and :welcome: to the forum :wave: it is true some steroids can cause all sorts of nasty side effects but sometimes you have to weigh up the benefits against the possible problems :fingerscrossed: they carry on workign for you and dont give you any problems :-)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello