Hello there....

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello there....

Postby annscabans » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello there to everyone.

I'm so glad I found this forum. I haven't been diagnosed with anything at the moment but I have had many of the symptoms mentioned on the forum. Just going through a process with GP of testing for everything at the mo. Doc has prescribed me amitriptyline for night times to help me sleep. I experience hot flushes, restless legs and jerky bits. I have also been prescribed Naproxen but these don't seem to be doing much. I have many pains during the day that seem to move to different places. Any ideas on different pain relief?

Again, thanks so much for being here. Its nice to see there are so many good people around :-D
annscabans
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello there....

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:00 pm

hi, how long have you been on them as i know that some pills take time before you notice a diffrance,

hope you get some answers soon and start to feel a bit better

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby diane1 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi and :welcome:

Unfortuneatley its a long process in being diagnosed with fibro. They like to rule out other things first as fibro has many symptoms of other things. The best thing todo is keep a diary of how you feel and the symptoms you have. This is a great tool when you have to attend hospitals.

If your in alot of pain the only pain relief that has any effect is by prescription only as many of us end up on morphine etc.The best way to ease pain however is hot baths and hot water bottles. Its the heat that relaxes the muscles and eases the pain.

Good Luck with everything.
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:39 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave:

You've done the right thing in going to see your GP about your various symptoms and problems, and it sounds like things have got off to a good start with tests being done to try and find you some answers :clap: :clap: :clap:

Meds~wise, there are various ones used to try and manage a condition such as FM. Amitriptyline is often one of the first ones tried. Not sure how long you've been on it, but it needs about a month to fully get into your system. Co~codamol is often another med that is tried early on, and can be helpful. This linky tells you more about the meds side of things http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx The best thing to do is have a look at things, the go back and see your GP about which might be suitable for you to try. It's not unusual for it to take a while to find the right combo of things that help you, it's quite often a case of trial and error, but it is possible to find a mix that suits you.

Just ask if there's anything else you're wondering about, with all the info and advice on here, there's a good chance that someone will have experienced something very similar to you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ann :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello