new here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new here

Postby LuluAnne » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Hello, my name is Linda and I am new to this forum. I am 54 years old and single and a carer for my 90 year old mum and occasionally my older sister. I was diagnosed in 2006 and am still learning my way around Fibromyalgia. I worked full time until September of 06 but when I ran out of sick leave I had a hard think and decided that the job and people I worked with were making me stressed out and at the end of my rope so I quit. I imagined I would find another job later on and decided to take the time to feeling better and getting used to a 'new' way of living. In 2007 I was shocked to be diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer and underwent surgery, chemo and rads. Mum's health began to decline more so I decided to not work outside the home and be the carer that she needed. I enjoy my garden, crafts, reading and my 2 Siamese cats who keep me sane. I tend to push myself beyond the pain point where I feel like I want to just lie down where I am. Still in my mind deep down I keep thinking the I will 'beat' this and it ends up beating me. I find that most people I encounter just don't understand the daily pain and fatigue and so many other symptoms and seem to hear with one ear and out the other. I am glad to have joined a place where we all can support and encourage each other. cheers, LuluAnne :-D
LuluAnne
UKFM Member

Re: new here

Postby diane1 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi Lulu :welcome:

You've made one of the best decisions in joining this forum as it keeps you sane,gives you support,laughs and understanding from people who know what your going through.

I'm 47 and gave up work last year before they kicked me out and found this site a real godsend. Its hard someimes to make others understand what the pain is like or how you feel .Its not only the condition but how it effects other areas of your life like finances, relationships, having a life.

We do have a laugh on here as well and there is a daily joke although ive not put one on myself for a week or so as my dog had pups. I and other doggie people put posts on about our dogs and "maisie the story of a pregnant dog" has attracted a following as her pregnancy and birth of pups is updated daily, take a look and maybe you could put some blogs on .

Any way welcome again its good to have new members .

Di :-D
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:56 am

:welcome: to the forum Linda :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Lots of info and advice can be found on here, as well as support and a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: to help get you thru the trials and tribblations of living with FM :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Someone is usually not far away, so just ask about anything you want to know, and hopefully you'll get a helpful answer :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi Linda and :welcome: to the forum :wave: sorry to hear you are having trouble getting others to understand the condition but unfortuantely its not unusual as you will come to discover hope we can offer you some support and advice when you need it :-) :-) :-) :-)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum Linda :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:59 pm

hi linda :wave:

welcome to the forum :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Julia.L » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Hi Linda Lu, I admire your strength, it must be so hard to care for others when the FM is trying to beat you down not to mention the other medical problems you have been dealing with. Life seems so unfair for good people at times. My cats have been my constant furry friends and they have a great knack of listening to all my woes :lol: I'm at the stage whereby my work is trying to have me sacked for poor attendance due to my FM relapses and their understanding is non existent which is profound as i work in a caring profession. I hope you have more good days than bad and don't think twice at reaching out if needs be. Julia x
Julia.L
UKFM Newbie

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:10 am

Hi Linda , nice to hear from you , I agree with everything the others have already posted but on a personal note I would say that this forum has kept me sane as I struggle to find out more about this horrid illness.
I am presently off on s/l and am at the point where I am trying to come to terms with the changes this illness has had on my life. I believe that my work are trying to get rid of me as they have been sowing the seeds of early retirement.

I am still struggling with that so am glad that for you leaving work has worked out so well , I admire tha fact that you can look after others in your family.

Good luck on the forum and keep well.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello