new to site

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to site

Postby whitecross » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Hello, my names Patricia I have had fibromyalgia for about 3 years now, and apart from the odd few days when I've been immobile have managed to stay pretty active. I have been in denial. as find most people just look at me with that oh another airy fairy illness, when I say what I have.
Unfortunately I have had 2 operations in the last few weeks and this has had a very negative effect on me. Because I am not able to move effectively the fibromyalgia has taken over :( my worst time is at night when every nerve in my body is on edge. I also feel so cold shiver uncontrollably!!! Does anyone else get this?
whitecross
UKFM Newbie

Re: new to site

Postby maxtomads » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi patricia & welcome. The wonky thermostat seems to be a feature of fm. Hope you get back to your version of 'normal' very soon.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby whitecross » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Thank you, I am all up for dancing in the rain. Think I am just one of those stubborn people who find it hard to give in ;-) I am also a great believer in healing which I find works as a good boost now and again.
whitecross
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:23 pm

:welcome: to the forum Patricia :wave: :wave:

Sorry to hear about your recent ops, having FM tends to mean that the recovery process takes longer for us compared to how it might have been pre~FM :( :( You're not the only one who has been in denial either, I was like it for the first few years when things were appearing, and it turned out it made me far worse than I might have been if I wasn't a stroppy, stubborn so and so :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

There is lots of info and advice on here, so have a look around, you may find some helpful things to try out :-D :-D Just ask about anything you want to know, it doesn't usually take too long for someone to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whitecross » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Thank you :-D Think joining this site is a positive move in acceptance.
Not that great on computers but will do my best to explore the site fully.
whitecross
UKFM Newbie

Postby maxtomads » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 pm

You sound very like me - I was only diagnosed this year after a long time of wondering what it was. Now I've got used to the idea I'm determined to beat it!! I'd like to hear more about the healing you have
Chris x

maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:29 pm

welcome to the forum
its good to have you with us :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum whitecross :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby whitecross » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Hello maxtomads,
I go to our local spiritualist church where they offer healing. They are a wonderful band of healers.
Thankfully I have had a better day today, managed to go out with my daughter for a couple of hours :-D
whitecross
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello