[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - am new to fibro.... but old hat with ankylosing spondylitis

am new to fibro.... but old hat with ankylosing spondylitis

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

am new to fibro.... but old hat with ankylosing spondylitis

Postby shoesandbags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Hello to everyone. I am new to the fibro club and a bit dissappointed but not surprised.....
I was diagnosed with AS 12 years ago and have got on with it but have had poor health with five auto immune conditions, one being life threatening. So a busy and hard few years but with a lot of joy too with having my children. The last year i have been so unwell and so ttired, you know bone tired. My consultant has diagnosed fibro last week....... I was given a leaflet and was so surprised as i could of written it myself but never but the symptoms all together. I can't wear socks as it is so painful,i get lost in words or forget the word completely. I get so tired i could cry, my legs are like lead and hurt so much pain, I could go on but am sure you all get it.lol.
I don't thank goodness, suffer with depression or anxiety. I am annoying in that i an always positive but i do get totally over whelmed by life. I work nearly full time which is my own business. I speed a lot of my day on my feet, bending or lifting and it hurts but am reluctant to change as i worked so hard to build it up and love it but there is just nothing left at the end of the day for my husband or kids.i don't go out which i did always but am just too tired......
So, can i have any tips, books, diets advice. and when do you make the choice to change you r work, how do you do it? My husband feels i should give up work but work keeps me going mentally and i want to still be me. This is so frustrating....
Also, am going to the doctors to sort out treatment and cbt to work out and plot what i am doing wrong and pace myself. Any things i should be asking or saying??
Thank you for taking the time to read this. X
shoesandbags
UKFM Member

Re: am new to fibro.... but old hat with ankylosing spondylitis

Postby tigger2012 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi
sounds like you been through hell of alot but still built your own business & a happy family and sound so positive!

Personally i think working if you can is the best thing. I work full time and even tho it can be very hard im far worse if i dont. I find resting too much can make the pain & stiffness worse but equally ya need to know when to stop. Its a balancing act but once mastered life can be better.

I did a fibro course at my local hospital which really helped me cope with it all at first.they also offered hydro which may help iff you can find it nearyou. Every one is differant & you need to find what works for you but id just say if you wanna try somthing ask,gp's often have more to offer than they let on!

Good luck & i hope you find what works for you soon x
tigger2012
UKFM Member

Postby shoesandbags » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:07 pm

Thanks for replying.
I think i need help to look at my life style objectively and make some changes. But also still finding hard to let go of my previous life. You feel grief. I ended up in a wheelchair for the first time which scared me as am only in my 30s and not ready for that. I have never considered my self am ill person but since being reg disabled it is very hard to ignore.
in the past i have always taken charge of illness and find ways around it but with fibro i feel it takes charge of me...... Not right.
It is a hard one to except.
Sorry that way a touch moanie.
Xx
shoesandbags
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:49 pm

:welcome: to the forum.

I've moved you into here with this being your intro post. If you have a look around the boards you'll find there is lots of info and advice and tips on virtually all aspects of what it is like to live with and manage FM, hopefully there will be some useful things for you to try out.

Just ask if there's anything you're wondering about, all you need to do is ask ans we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shoesandbags » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. Bit over whelming this fibro and a lot tho get your head round. Xx
shoesandbags
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello