Here's my intro, be warned it may bore you to tears

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Julia.L » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Hello all, my name is Julia, I'm 44 and am a mother of one -in fact my daughter has just left for uni so i have been left to my own devices which may be a dangerous time for me so iv taken to the FM website for support and to offer my support and understanding to others if i can. My GP told me i had FM and ME in 2009- it hit me like a ton of bricks after having some sort of virus- i never left the couch for 5 months -it wasn't a pretty sight, well a lot worse than usual anyway :lol:

I have worked within mental health services for the past 20+ years & It is hard to say as i have worked with a lot of great people but at times when iv had relapses i have also never met so many uncaring professionals either - i think it is purely down to a lack of understanding about this condition,its symptoms,the huge impact it has on an individual and consequently their families. I have experienced the depths,the constant pain, thinking i'm a burden, that my loved ones were better off without me but also recognised this to be another symptom= negative thinking due to chemical changes in the brain so through the tears have refused to listen to these bad thoughts. I know that my physical state does impact my mental state and it changes from day to day, week to week, month to month but i think just realising this gave me some empowerment over my condition., also good or bad i'm a stubborn mare and wont go down quietly.

I cant say i have many hobbies its hard to find things that don't cost or you can do without moving about a lot but hey ho i have found all of you now. Big hugs to anyone who needs them. Julia x
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split to make paragraphs easier to to read.
Julia.L
UKFM Newbie

Postby Aneary » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi Julia :)

Not boring or if it is we are all boring lol

Good move to join the site really helps having people to chat to who understand

Angela
X
Aneary
UKFM Member

Re: Here's my intro, be warned it may bore you to tears

Postby Julia.L » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi Angela, thanx for taking the time to say hello, i appreciate it. Julia x
Julia.L
UKFM Newbie

Postby Kellyredwelly » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi Julia :wave:
I only recently joined the forum myself and wish I'd found my way here sooner, in the four days I've been registered here I have had a huge amount of support, understanding and kindness
This really is a fab place to chat to others who know what you're going through so you definately made a good move lol

Anyways hope you're not too bad today with this horrid, dreary, damp weather
Lotsa gentle (((hugs)))
Kel x
Kellyredwelly
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:58 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum Julia :-D :-D

There is lots of info and advice on here, and you'll find that there are a fair few of us stroppy mares on here, so you're in good company :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Just ask if there's anything you want to know, and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:45 pm

:welcome: to the forum Julia :welcome:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby maxtomads » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi julia, welcome to the family

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby whitecross » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Hello Julia,
Welcome, I am also new to the site having joined yesterday, although I have been diagnosed for a number of years now. I definitely am one who dances in the rain and will fight this for as long as I can.
So lots of positivety and hugs. :-)
whitecross
UKFM Newbie

Postby Julia.L » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:44 am

Hi, thanx to you all for the nice welcome. I try to keep positive but often find it a struggle as you will all understand im sure. Today has been one of those days-why is it that in america there tends to be huge medical research into FM and a more accepting attitude towards us that experience it whilst here i have to fight for any sort of treatment or help, especially from my GP....Jx
Julia.L
UKFM Newbie

Postby mouseyone » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:41 pm

I can relate to what you've written. I too am diagnosed with mental health problems and fibromyalgia and I find this really gets worse when I'm tired or stressed. I also understand the anxiety too, during my recent flare up I became even more anxious and worried about the simplest of things x
mouseyone
UKFM Member

Postby AndrewK » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Julia,
We all feel at times that we are hurting the ones who care for us but thank goodness they understand.
Many don't and I have been told to get over it......if only.
my G.P said I needed a holiday, ermm, had just returned from two months in Spain so don't think so..

Manhugs to you x
AndrewK
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello