[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New and needing advice please.

New and needing advice please.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New and needing advice please.

Postby tintagel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:26 am

Hi I'm new here,
FIRSTLY A BIG HELLO TO YOU ALL.

I am 48 yrs old with two grown up sons, I work full time.
I have lupus and now my rheumi says fibro too. However, I'm not sure, you see I don't have 11 tender points. I have excrutiating pain in my thighs, at the back where my legs join my bum, almost in the crease, more inner than outer thighs. It can be agony, I rattle with painkillers to no avail. When bad, pain creeps down thighs at the back. Bending over is agony. Anyone else experience this? Could it be fibro? Started on 900mg gabapentin per day (useless). I swim 3/4 times week and take imipramine to sleep soundly, which I do.

Could this be fibro? please help, I'm desperate for your advice.

Thankyou.
tintagel
UKFM Member

Re: New and needing advice please.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum.

Whilst what you have described could be due to FM, I hope you can appreciate that we can't say if the dx you have been given is right or not, the only people who can do that are the likes of your GP, or the rheumi that you have already seen.

Altho the tender point test tends to be carried out as part of the dxing process for FM, some people who have FM don't always have them. If you're unsure about your dx, you need to either go back and see your GP about it, who may be able to refer to someone else for a second opinion, or go back to see the rheumi, explain why you have uncertainties about your dx and see what they have to say.

WRT the Gabapentin you have been prescribed, it takes a while for the med to fully get into your system, this can be anything from 1 to 3~4 months. The dosage also needs to be gradually increased until you reach the level you have been told is suitable for you. Depending on how long you have been on them, you may need to give it a while longer and have the dosage increased before you can tell if it is helping you or not.

Hope you can get things clarified so you know where you are and what you are learning to live with :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: New and needing advice please.

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:44 pm

:welcome: to the forum tintagel :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello