Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby AndrewK » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:20 pm

I am a 55 year old man, married with three sons. was dx with Fibromyalgia 3 years ago but as my GP changed the diagnosis to Post Viral Fatigue, i was reluctant to accept it. A year ago I was referred to a rheumatologist privately who again said its Fibro,"you won't end up in a wheelchair,it won't kill you but there is as yet no cure" Had a relapse some three weeks ago so am seeing a private GP who also practises homeopathy, so watch this space. Currently have glandular fever and have zero energy, walking up the stairs wipes me out!! Had a car crash five years ago but not sure if this was the start.
I guess I don't want to accept the dx as it is a s******* illness which seems to have no cure, my only relief previously is to take Magnesium.
I read a book recently by a GP who described it as s*** Life Syndrome, I am sure that most of us on here had good fulfilling lives before getting this and it most definitely is not in our minds, at the moment it is in just about every part of my body.
Sending manhugs to fellow sufferers
AndrewK
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby denys » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:20 pm

:welcome: to the forum Andrew :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:10 pm

:welcome: to the forum Andrew :wave: :wave:

There is lots of advice and info across the forum, as well as help and support to help get you thru the rubbishness that tags along with FM.

Just ask if there's anything you want to know and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mouseyone » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Hello and welcome. I'm new too x:grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mouseyone
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:49 am

hi
i had a car accident 2.5 years ago so definitely worth thinking back when you said you had symptoms 3 years ago.

i have had physio, osteo, massage, reflex, hydro have tried everythiing to cure myself then given up to accept this life and learn to pace what energy i have on quality things.

or thats the plan anyway after a few outbursts along the way.

take care.
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby AndrewK » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks for the replies,
I have had McTimony treatment,Reiki, Cranial sacrum,reflexology,Sports massage,Bio resonance ,complex homeopathy and am now seeing a homeopathic Dr who is treating my Glandular fever to see if that has an impact. Am also looking at vibrational therapy.
If I cannot get rid of this disease at least I want to improve my mobility. My two cocker spaniels are great therapy :-) :-)
AndrewK
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi Andrew, yep, our pets are a therapy, that's true. I'm glad your on here mentioning complementary and natural therapies. I am a traditional Usui Reiki healer and have recently had to give up a long term voluntary job in a therapy centre. I had Bowen, osteopathy and shiatsu, the latter being the greatest help. As you say, if you can't cure it, you can atleast try o make things feel better.

I used to have spinal touch therapy, which was great. I have O.A and it helped that and the F/M.

Sorry to hear about the glandular fever, I had that before the start of F/M but I also had a car accident about the same time, so it's possible it could be a cause, if not 'the straw that broke the camels back'.

I have been looking into vagus nerve damage, I mentioned it on here before somewhere?? The causes of Vagus nerve damage and the symptoms kind of ring a few bells when trying to fit the puzzle together.

I hope you get the info you are looking for and that you get over the G/F very soon. Take care.
Flash
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello