[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby tsquibb » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:43 pm

Hello all, I'm new to this, been in pain for years, also have DDD and herniated disk, just been diagnosed with fibro and am about to start taking Duloxetine, I was wondering if anyone else has taken this and their experience with it. Thanks Tara.
tsquibb
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum.

There is lots of info and advice across the boards so have a look and a read as you find your way round. There are a few mentions of Duloxetine, hopefully there will be something helpful about the med.

It's not a med I've tried so far, so no advice from me I'm afraid. Some anti~depressants have been found to help with nerve pain and sleep problems, hopefully you'll find that the Duloxetine works for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Just ask if there is anything you want to know about and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tsquibb » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Thanks for the lovely welcome (totally agree with the dog quote lol). Its lovely to know There's some support out there, spent so long thinking I waas on my own, have recently had to give up my job, so I expect many others will know how low this can make you feel. Looking forwrd to getting some advice from those in the know. Many thanks.
tsquibb
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:34 pm

You're very definitely not on your own with this, and there's plenty of support on here :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: And if that doesn't help, we can always resort to a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

A lot of us have had to give up work, so we more than understand how it can drag you down. I know things look somewhat bleak at the moment, but there are bits of light there still and as you find the right way for you to manage and live with FM, things will start to brighten up 8-) 8-) 8-)

My doglet lives by the quote, and she's usually right with it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jivebunnie » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi, I'm sort of new-ish. Joined a few weeks ago, been waiting for a diagnosis.

Had a phone call from ATOS this morning at work as I have been referred by work, they say I have FMS and chronic fatigue. I'm now waiting to be accepted by the pain clinic in my town.

Good news with the diagnosis but now wondering what happens next.....

Soft hugs to everyone
Jivebunnie
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi to both of you and :welcome: to the forum :wave: Jivebunnie the pain clinic should be able to help :fingerscrossed: but maybe a trip to your docs now you have a diagnosis and they can start a pain relief strategy
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

I take Duloxetine, it can take a few weeks to get into your system, you might find you get the side affects before the med kicks in.
I found it was making me feel very woozy & light headed so i took mine of an evening so i slept through the side affects. :goodluck1: with yours.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello