New and confused

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New and confused

Postby Mog29 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:00 am

Hello all, I'm new to this so bare with me!!
I was diagnosed with fibro a few weeks ago after going back and forth to the dr for the last 4 years with different things, like my stomache problems, migraines, my hair falling out, and sleep problems.
I have osteoarthritis in my knees and hips and have always suffered migraines and headaches,and am on migraine suppressants.
About 2000 I was told that I have a "touch of IBS" but the IBS didn't swing from can't go to cant stop going, it just kept going and go (the bottom that just keeps giving. Lol).
Then about four years ago I became intolerant to bread, but not biscuits or cake etc, and only found out through searching that it must be the yeast I can't take as it makes my tummy worse!!
Around the same time my hair started to fall out and I had a small bald patch. The dr did all the usual blood tests and all were clear so I was told it was stress related.
I've had sleep problems for years, so I just put it down to my body clock changing due to being a mum etc.
Then the pain started in my arms,shoulders,neck and back( already had pain in knees and hips), and became totally exhausted all the time.
My body feels like I've run a marathon and gotten nowhere!!
I hate being hot,anything generally over 16 degrees and I'm done for,sweat like a pig in a blanket and get worse migraines!!
I can't stand sun light,triggers migraines too for me and makes my eyes sooooo painful.
and my memory is shot to pieces lately!! It's not often I get to drink hot coffe because I forget I have one!!
I'm glad I finally know that I'm not mad,that it's not all in my head, that this group if things wrong with me have a name!!

Trouble is, now I'm at a stand still. I've found out a few bits but no one to talk to about it all.
My older brother and mother both have fibro too but they've never really said much about it as we all lost touch on and off over the last 13 years.

Sorry to prattle on,I'm just relieved that im not bonkers!!!!
Mog29
UKFM Member

Re: New and confused

Postby denys » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:17 am

1st :welcome: to the forum :wave: 2nd no you arent mad and 3rd maybe with your diagnoses its time to mend a few bridges with your brother and your mum (if possible) cos they will be your best source of information because you are related. We will help out were we can and if you have a problem you specifically want help with then use the search facility and see if anyone has posted about that subject before.

There are thousands of posts on here and the search facility is often forgotten about but it can save an age of typing something that has already been asked and waiting for someone to answer who actually has found a resolution to it :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:04 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You'll find lots of info across the forum, you may even find that some of it helps you with the things causing you the confusion :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You're definitely not bonkers where FM is concerned, altho now you've joined us you probably will end up going :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: like the rest of us have :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just ask about anything you want to know about and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diane1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi Mog :welcome:

You wont feel alone now that you've found this site. We all know what your going through as we've all been there. We are all at different stages of the condition some newbies some a little further on and some of us are the ones who are alot further down the line . Therefore there is always someone who can help and advise, and we all can offer support and a sympathetic ear .

As the others have said look around the many posts on here and if theres something your not sure of put your own post on no matter how silly you may think it is, if it bothers you its important.
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum mog :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mog29 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Thank you for the lovely welcome, it's nice to know that I've found people who understand!! :-D
Mog29
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello