Hello there!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello there!

Postby Purpledot » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:08 pm

I have today been diagnosed with FM by a lovely Rheumy.

I have been ill for quite a few years now, and was diagnosed with ME 20 years ago. I suspect the FM has been lurking for a fair few years too, but has now come to the fore following a broken wrist.

I find the hardest things to cope with are the constant fatigue, fogginess and slight feeling of imbalance (or is that just me??).

The Rheumy said the most important thing for me to address initially is getting a good night's sleep every night.......something I have struggled with for quite a while now. I am very reluctant to start taking anything to help me sleep (I hate taking drugs at the best of times) but I know that's what is going to be suggested next. Mind you, the thought of having a proper night's sleep is kind of tempting!

Oh, and by the way.......I'm 47, married to a wonderful guy, and have a wonderful 17 year old son. I also have a gorgeous chocolate labrador who ensures I get my exercise every day, and an 80 year old father who is living with us. We are in the process of having an extension built to accommodate my father more adequately, so keeping stress levels to a minimum at the moment is difficult, to say the least!

Oh, and I live on the 'sunny' East Dorset coast!

Look forward to chatting to you all xx
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Re: Hello there!

Postby maxtomads » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello & welcome!!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:01 pm

:welcome: to the forum PurpleDot 8-) 8-)

There's lots of info and advice on here, with you being newly dx'd you've probably got questions you need answering and things, hopefully you'll find some of then on here.

You're not alone with the feeling of slight imbalance, quite a few of us have varying degrees of problems with balance/dizziness. The fogginess and fatigue are at the top of a lot of our problem/hate list as well, so you're not alone :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quite a few of us are owned by doglets as well, I'm owned by a B&W springie girl and I wouldn't be without her, even when she's being a grotbag and bog monster :shock: :shock: :shock: Choccy labs are :blowkiss: :blowkiss: We saw one walking his huu~mon dad yesterday, all happy and pink floppy tongued :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A good night's sleep is something we're all searching for and is a subject that pops up on here quite regularly. If you do a search and have a bit of a read thru things, you may find some ideas to try that might be helpful.

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask as it doesn't usually take too long for someone to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diane1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi Purple dot and :welcome:

You've made the right move joining this happy group at the mad house ! :crazy: You'll find theres always someone to help,advise or just sympathise and usually even at the oddest hours as we all have sleep problems. :sleep:

We all are at diffent points in the fibro journey so there is lots of knowledge out there in the posts.

Good Luck

Di
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:20 pm

:welcome: to the forum purple dot :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello