[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - confused :(

confused :(

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

confused :(

Postby kirstylou » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm here because I'm not sure what to do right now. I've had problems with my joints and muscles since I was a little kid (I'm 24 now). The last 2 year's have been a nightmare though. My ankles and wrists/hands swelling is what pushed me to go to the doctor in the end. After 2 years of blood tests and hospital appointments, no one knows what's wrong with me. The only thing my doctor keeps telling me is that I don't have arthritis, but I already know that. They just seem to have given up on me.

I have constant pain in my ankles, knees, fingers, wrists, shoulders, hips and neck. I feel like I'm falling apart. The last couple of months my memory has been terrible and it's just getting worse. I can't remember people's names, who I've spoke to, who I've told certain things to. And I'm constantly forgetting what I was about to do. And to top it off I have this feeling of confusion and I don't know why.

A friend of my mum's has fibromyalgia and suggested that perhaps this is what I have, and after doing research, I think there's a chance she might be right. I could be wrong, but I really don't know what's wrong with me. I'm tired of being in pain when I walk up stairs and not being able to do simple things like mash the spuds on a Sunday.

I'm thinking of going to a&e in the morning to try and get some proper help from someone.
kirstylou
UKFM Newbie

Re: confused :(

Postby diane1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi Kirsty Loo

Its so hard getting a diagnosis sometimes and when you get the wrong Drs it doesnt help. We cant be sure if it is fibro but as you say it does seem to look that way. I wouldnt go to A@E as they are busy and have life threatening things to deal with but I would go to a walk in centre or try and see another GP at your practice. The younger GP's seem to be better as they have a knowledge of it where as the older GP's havent .

Take a copy of the symptoms from a site like this and show him . The only way to diagnose is time symptoms and the tender point test. We have 18 tender points on our body which they can test.

I hope you find the answer and good luck.

Di
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby kirstylou » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi Diane

Thank you for your reply :) I have been to my walk in centre in the hope of another opinion, but the doctor I saw told me she wasn't trained in that area so to go back to my gp. I completely agree with you though about a&e, it was my mums suggestion, but I think she is just worried about me.
I'll do what you've suggested and take a list of the symptoms to my walk in centre again and see what they can do for me.

Thank you again

Kirsty .
kirstylou
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:23 pm

:welcome: to the forum Kirsty :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello