[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hello from newly diagnosed!!

hello from newly diagnosed!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby talia71 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Hey all, I'm Talia, newly diagnosed today!!! been told today I have FM and I have one of the indicators for rheumy as positive on my blood tests. Cried lots today, as one it was a relief, and 2 it was a shock, but now I can plan my future better, although I am scared, and worrying about my job situation, I have a manual, heavy job, which is not helping me with the pain, fatigue etc, I have pushed through but at this point, I am struggling, seem to be in the grips of a huge flare, in a world of pain from feet to neck, headaches, massive changes in mood, tearful, desperate, cognitive thought processes shot, headaches, shakes, loss of sensation in fingers, and unable to straighten either elbows fully!! and soooooooooooooooooooo tired, well thats some of it at least!!

Been started on anti inflamatories, but due to the fact that they kill my tummy also started on omeprazole!! Really dont want to be popping pills, so have looked into the alternatives, bought some devils claw and arnica today so hopefully that will help the pain and not cause so many chemical reactions..............can I ask does anyone have any skin problems, I was told back in feb I had stress urticaria, but since then it has got worse, its like my body is being pricked by millions of hot tiny needles and my skin gets hot n so itchy I actually make myself bleed because I cant stop scratching, its mainly my legs ankles feet arms and stomach!! antihistamines dont help, all the creams GP has given me make it flare worse and on top of all the other symptoms its drives me insane especially at night in bed and first thing in morning when I wake.....ok think I have wittered on enough.......I live in Yorkshire with my partner Sharon...Who is very understanding.........but Im a scottish lass.....so hellooooooooooooo again xxx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
talia71
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello from newly diagnosed!!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:44 pm

:welcome: to our little fibro sanctuary Talia :wave: :wave:

There is lots of info and advice across the boards, have a bit of a look and a read when you get chance. How you've been today after being given your dx is how a lot of us have reacted when being told we have FM. Everything gets turned on its head and there is a lot to take in. At first it will seem very bleak and overwhelming, but given time things will become brighter again as you find your way thru things and find the right mix of things that help you. And now have a name for your problems, as you say, you can start to plan for your future living with FM.

Have you told your employer about your health problems/dx yet?? If not, then consider doing so, once they know of your condition, under the Equalities Act 2010 an employer is legally obliged to make "reasonable adjustments" to make your job as suitable for you to do now you have FM.

I don't think anyone of us liked pill popping at first, but over time that becomes less important for a lot of us. WRT the alternative/complimentary treatments, it is advisable to check with a pharmacist or your GP about potential interactions between them and any prescribed and/or OTC meds you may be taking.

If you use the search function at the top right corner and search "Urticara" or "Hives" you should find quite a few references to the problem as there are quite a few people who have/do have it in varying degrees. When I have irritated skin I find Aloe Vera gel helps calm things down. Each summer my OH has a hives/urticara flare up around his feet and ankles, and as well as the aloe vera gel, he has found hydro~cortisone cream helps calm things down for him.

It's good to hear you have an understanding partner, it can help make a real difference with something like FM, not only does it affect us, its influence tends to ripple out and affect everyone around us as they also have to get used to how we now are :( :(

Think I've done enough wittering at you for now. Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby talia71 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Thank you for welcome and advice, today was hard didn't sleep well not that I ever do but my mind was swimming last night, I felt very emotional today, lost almost, but I'm in a bad way at the moment seem to be in the grips of a relapse.... As for the employer, she is a female manager who has no clue...when I told her what I had her response was yeah but it will only affect you if you let it you have to keep going and stay positive... If you moan or have a face on all time then every body will get fed up and your relationships with people will change.. Sharon won't feel the same about you your works mates will get fed up with you and let's face it we all feel crap from time to time it's just a case of getting on with it!!! It's not gonna make an impact on your life for years really!! Oh and her parting shot was oh and since you only been with is 4 months you can't get sick pay... She knows I need to work full time!! My job is manual, physical, and I'm on the go for 9 hours a day 40 hours a week!! I'm exhausted...in a world of pain.... And feeling very low today... So not a good day...
Anyway thank you for your hello and welcome, I will have a read through the site mate tomorrow...tonight it's bath meds and bed I think xx
talia71
UKFM Newbie

Postby diane1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi Talia :welcome:

this is a fab group with lots of advice, a shoulder to cry on, understanding friends a place to sound off and a place to laugh. We'd all be lost without it so welcome to the mad house :crazy:

Fluppy puffy has covered everything so i'll say welcome again. :welcome:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby Rebecca1983 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:42 pm

:welcome: Talia

In my opinion a forum like this i invaluable to anyone suffering for a chronic pain condition. It made a huge difference for me as before i joined i felt like i was going crazy and like i was all alone. Now I'm over the moon that it's not just me and this site offers some things more important than you would initially think. For me its the little things like complete and understanding. friendship and support.I have only recently joined myself but the fact that i can come here and the support and understanding without any form of judgement is a huge comfort and makes the dark days a bit brighter.
Rebecca1983
Fibromyalgia, Depression
Rebecca1983
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi Talia and :welcome: to the forum :wave: hope we can help you with your problems
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby DonnaLily » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi talia,

Welcome! I'm newly diagnosed too, going through similar emotions!

I have to say, your boss sounds awful, perhaps find some of the info in here for friends and family and educate her, sounds like she needs it!

Big hugs

Donna xxx

DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:14 pm

:welcome: to the forum Talia :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello