New one here ton say hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New one here ton say hello

Postby TORRYTALENT » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi all, my names Annette and quite new to this site..so thought I would tell you all a wee bit about me. Got my diagnosis about 6 months ago but have been suffering for a couple of years. They thought it was diabetic nuropathy to start with. Waiting for an appointment for the Pain clinic in Aberdeen, but that could take long enough. My GP will not give me stronger drugs till I am seen at the clinic so have spent most of the last few months in extreme pain. But at least I now no Im not mad...reading the posts on here and its oh look someones else gets this or that. It has been a great help. I took redundancy from my work with the local council as a community worker last year as my health was getting so bad. But really miss my job. I live with my new hubby only been married a year, and my 3 black cat. They keep me sane when I am home alone. I have 2 grown daughters and a 6year old granddaughter. But am finding it hard to get them to understand the Fibro. They are so used to me being on hand at the drop of a hat and never complaining even when I was ill, they cant get there heads round the fact that I have to say no, or ask them for help or even tell them I am in pain. But am sure they will get it one day. Thinking of getting a tattoo across my forehead DISABLED !! Well never mind we just have to get on with it the best we can. And thanks for reading about my little life xx
Annette :roll:
TORRYTALENT
UKFM Newbie

Re: New one here ton say hello

Postby diane1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Welcome Annette :welcome:

Its hard explaining to people you cant do what you used to especially when you try to push yourself to do things they dont see anything wrong and dont see you at home later in severe pain.

Have you read the post " one to show non believers" we have all found it really helpful explainng things to others. Ive put the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4732

Good luck with everything.

Di
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inserted linky to relevant topic.
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:19 pm

:welcome: to the forum Annette :wave: :wave: :wave:

There is a lot of info and advice on here covering all sorts of subjects, when you get chance have a bit of a look and a read, there may be something that could help you in amongst it all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Explaining what FM is and how it affects us and makes us feel can be difficult as there isn't anything that other may have experienced themselves that can be used as a comparison. The linky in Di's post does a really good job in explaining in explaining things, there is also the Spoon Theory which can help as well, here's the linky to that one http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/navig ... Theory.pdf You could try getting your family to have a read at them and see if it helps them understand a little more about FM.

It doesn't seem right that you should be left in so much pain whilst you wait for your Pain Clinic appt. Have you considered seeing a different GP to see if they could prescribe you something stronger, at least until you have your appt :-? :-? :-? I can understand your GP's reluctance in starting you off on some of the meds used in FM as they need time to fully get in your system and take effect, and typically you'd just get to that point, then your appt would come thru, but there are others that can be used that take a comparatively short time to take effect.

I think I've rambled on at you for long enough now :oops: :oops: :oops: Just ask about anything you want to know about, with the different experiences we've had, there's a good chance someone will have experienced something similar and will have some advice for you :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum Annette :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby kety_ smith » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Hello from me,Annette . I also like you I am new in the forum. Greetings
kety_ smith
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello