Hiya from rainy Pembrokeshire!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby lucybythsea » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Hiya everyone, Im glad I found this lovely forum, the people here seem really kind.
I have severe fibromyalgia and am struggling atm. I was finding tramadol effective but i seem to be developing a tolerance. I experience burning and extreme fatigue in my muscles, and sensitivity to touch and cold. Im unable to work or study.

But thats enough about illness. I love photography, crafts such as card-making, and painting. I ADORE dogs, and my parents have just adopted a young collie-lurcher cross from a rescue, which im so happy about!

I read every day, and I enjoy going to church, and Bible study groups. I love relaxing music. I like watching sci-fi and fantasy TV.

I hope one day to be able to volunteer for the Samaritans. Lately Ive been putting a lot of energy into writing a blog, which im really enjoying, as I get to reach out to others. Fibro is isolating, as everyone here knows!
Hope youre as well as poss today.
Lucy x
Hello, Im 30 and have severe fibro. Come check out my blog: http://www.fibrofandango.wordpress.com
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Re: Hiya from rainy Pembrokeshire!

Postby isitme » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:51 pm

hi, lucy

have looked at your blog is really good. i love your photos of the sea and have always found water really soothing.

will try and remember to look at again.

i am unable to work but have recently started ou to give me something else to think about.
take care.
:-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby lucybythsea » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Thank you isitme. What course r u doing with ou?
Hello, Im 30 and have severe fibro. Come check out my blog: http://www.fibrofandango.wordpress.com
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:51 pm

:shock: :shock: i am doing an open degree to get credit transfer for previous studies but my first module is psychology and i am loving it.

trying to work out why i am me and why i am like this as not very good at accepting stuff such as fibro want to know why.

anyway i spend most o fthe day attached to my laptop playing solitaire if really foggy and listening to a few psychology podcasts of textbooks, as i feel if i listen enough something is sinking it then when up to it i can do the odd activity in short 15 minute burst, so not too taxing, and my office/laptop is my bed. also beenw given lots of good software so i cna do voice activiitation and a dictaphone to take notes so don;t have to type at all really.

its really good. and keeps me entertained.7

i have also had cbt to help with ptsd and anxiety/depression so just because i have realised why i am anxious and have the tools, its still doesn't stop up from feeliing or acting like that does it. :crazy: :crazy:

:!: :!:

:-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby kathmoore1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi isitme
I'm Kath from Cornwall. I've just started the openings section of the psychology degree as well!
I find it really tiring studying, but the subjects so interesting. I'm not looking fwd to doing my essays though, 10 mins at my lap top totally knocks me out!
If feels good to be doing something posive though doesn't it.
kathmoore1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:04 am

Hi to all who are new to the forum :welcome: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lucy :wave: :wave:

You'll find a lot of info and advice on here, covering all sorts of subjects, hopefully some of it will be helpful for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: There are few members around your age group, so you're not alone.

Having some way to get your frustrations and thoughts and feelings out can be extremely beneficial. I've lost count of the numbers of diaries/journals I've filled over the years :shock: :shock: :shock:

Keep aiming for that dream you have :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lucy :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Fibro Fi » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi Lucy!
I signed up to your blog today as I was particularly drawn to your bible quote and the mindfulness that you mention.. For many years ' be still and know that I am God' has cropped up and I guess I am finally being still! I have stopped going to church for several reasons but also I live in Saudi Arabia so it's a bit difficult!
I very much like your pictures too.
Perhaps I can chat more to you via your blog?
Also, sorry it's so rainy but I do miss the rain! It's still 35 c here and our dog Trevor loves it! Not sure he will love the temperatures in the UK when we finally go back.
Take care,
Fiona.
Fibro Fi
UKFM Member

Postby lucybythsea » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Hello everyone thanks so much for your replies and your encouragement! :-D
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello