[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Confused

Confused

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Confused

Postby EnglishGent » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi
After completing a pain management course over a year ago, I noticed that I had the same symptoms as a lot of patients that were suffering with FM. I went to my GP and told her my findings. Her response was that she wouldn't want to label me with such a thing. :-?

After finally being sent to a neurosurgeon about my headaches he straight away diagnosed me with FM.

Now not being able to get in to see my GP for at least 2 weeks this has left me feeling confused and without saying in a world of pain.

Kind regards
EnglishGent
UKFM Newbie

Re: Confused

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:59 pm

I've moved you into here with this being your intro, as it's a more suitable board.

Is there a different GP you could see, even if it's just for something to tide you over until you can get in to see your regular one??

There are things that you can do for yourself to help ease things. Quite often something warm can help, this could be a warm soak in a bath, putting a hottie bottie wrapped in a towel on a hurty area, using the wheaty bags that can be heated in the mikey. If you have a look round, esp in the Tips for Coping board, you'll find all sorts of ideas and suggections.

Alternatively, depending on how you feel, you could contact NHS Direct for advice, or try and see if an appt is available at your local walk~in centre.

Anything you want to know about, just ask away and we'll see how we can help you with it. And before I forget..... :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby EnglishGent » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Ok thankyou. I try to keep warm and use a hotwater bottle. Also take So many meds I rattle when I walk. I am scared of taking the oramorph because I don't want to become hooked but the pain is So severe at the moment I'm taking it by the clock.

Thanks again :)
EnglishGent
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:16 pm

A lot of us are on quite a variety of cocktails to try and manage things, and often wonder why we don't rattle more when we move :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I can understand your reluctance about taking extra meds, I think I once had similar thoughts and feelings. Now tho, if something is suggested by my GP, or he thinks something I have heard about might be beneficial, I give it a go. A lot of the meds we take have a chance of becoming somewhat addictive, just like they have possible side effects. Because it has a chance of happening tho, it doesn't mean that it definitely will. And the oramorph could be that thing you've been looking for that makes that extra difference.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby EnglishGent » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks again :-)
EnglishGent
UKFM Newbie

Postby Flash » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:44 am

Hi Englishgent, I found that some docters have very differing views about F/M. There are so many schools of thought and it often depends on which one your G.P follows as to how you are treated. Some on here have great G.Ps that understand the condition and help thier patients every way they can. Others, mine included, see F/M as a collection of vague symptoms that is given a name just so we can say we have something!

I have had F/M it seems for 17 years but I was diagnosed 8 years ago by a rheumatologist. My G.P was suprised but hasn't helped me one bit. I live in a rural area where the G.Ps are old school or former army docs. Most have been here for years. You are not ill until parts are falling off..

Arm your self with as much info as you can so when you see your G.P you can correct her or imform her if she seems a little ignorant to the facts. Take care. X
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby EnglishGent » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:43 am

hi Flash
Thanks very much for your input and I will certainly go armed with information when I finally get in to see my doctor. I hope you are able to find a doctor that is mode understanding.

Many thanks again :-)
EnglishGent
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi
When you go to see your gp write all your symptoms down so you dont forget anything because as soon as you get in there your mind goes blank.

Here is a link of some meds used to treat fibro:-
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

:goodluck1: with your your appt.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby EnglishGent » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:26 am

Thanks for your help :-)
EnglishGent
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello