[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from Staffordshire!

Hello from Staffordshire!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from Staffordshire!

Postby Shellyq » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Hello,

My name is Shelly, I am 30 years old, I live in Staffordshire and I have had Fibromyalgia Syndrome for about 11 years. I have found I have tried lots of treatment options over the years and probably over the last year have been the worst I have ever been. That is not to say the treatments I have previously experienced didn't work very well, but I find the ones that work cost a lot and are not available on the NHS. I once had a lot of control over it and I feel due to other events in my life I lost it! That's why after living in a different country, working for a sports medicine centre and a doctor's surgery having tried a lot of these options and being really interested in nutrition, diet and exercise I am starting a support group which is something that is lacking in my area.

I thought it was nice when I received a letter from my doctor asking me to recommend a book to another patient and if we could meet so we could discuss things. If I were to explain my whole journey to where I am now, I'd be here for ages, I once wrote an article for the FMA magazine, but the article is no longer online. You can find out a little bit more about me here - http://womenandfibromyalgia.com/2010/01 ... d-singing/ when I was asked for an interview by Barbara Keddy, a Canadian nurse a author of the book "Women and Fibromyalgia". I would love anyone in the area to get in touch to join the group!
Shellyq
UKFM Member

Re: Hello from Staffordshire!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:49 pm

:welcome: to the forum Shelly :wave: :wave: :wave:

It's fantastic to hear you're setting up a new support group :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: This linky takes you to the Support Groups page on UKFMs site http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/fm-suppor ... roups.html There you can add details of your group to the lists of others across the country. There is also a linky relating to applying for FM Support Group funds that you may want to have a look at.

There is lots of info across the forum, so have a look round and make yourself at home :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum Shellyq :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lauhar2010 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Hello I'm new tonight ... I'm 26 and am scared and worries would benefit from help advice support ....
Lauhar2010
UKFM Newbie

Postby maxtomads » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi Lauhar & welcome. I've only been on here a short time & have found people who really care & give lots of support, to say nothing of a shoulder to cry on when needed.
Good to meet you.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello