new to this

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to this

Postby janlou » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi I am not dx with firbromyalgia, however I am having constant pain all over my body. Been ill for a yr with vertigo and balance probs. MRI tests bloods taken all came back fine. Then in Oct ENT consultant said I had rare type of Migraine and was put on betablockers....For the past 5mths I have had pain in my hands, fingers, wrists, feet and legs. Some days I am that tired I can sleep all day. Would like my GP to give me answers to my questions, is anyone on here could give me advice. I am fed up :cry:
janlou
UKFM Member

Re: new to this

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:52 pm

:welcome: to the forum janlou :wave:

I have moved your post into here as its your 1st one.

Fibro can take a long time to diagnose because it does not show up in any tests. The docs have to rule out other things first.

Has your gp ever mentioned fibro to you?

You could mention it to you gp and ask if they think you have it, ask to be refereed to a Rheumy if they are not interested in giving you any answers as its normally rheumy`s who will dx fibro but more gp`s are starting dx fibro themselves.

:goodluck1: Hope you get some answers soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: new to this

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment jan, it's more than understandable that you feel fed up.

You need to talk to your GP about the possibility it could be FM. Take some info about the condition with you as well as details about how you feel your symptoms fit in with it. Hopefully this will then start something off that leads to you finding out the reason for your symptoms.

Sent with lots of love from LaaLaaLand xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello