My Imaginary Fibro Monster - Can you help?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My Imaginary Fibro Monster - Can you help?

Postby mimidoodles » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Hello

I have been suffering with chronic fatigue and neck, shoulder and joint pain for years now and my doctors are finally coming to the conclusion that I have Fibromyalgia on top of my type 1 diabetes, early onset arthritis and hypermobility syndrome.

I am an illustrator through trade and I have recently begun studying a masters, after having a particularly bad day with pain I decided to try and communicate my illness through illustration to try and express to people who can't see what's wrong with you what it feels like to have the monster of pain on your back day in day out.

In doing this I wondered how other sufferers monsters might look to them, so I have decided to incorporate this into my research for my masters.

Would anyone like to describe what your monster looks like?

If I create your monster I will send you a copy of the illustration and I will keep you informed on where my research takes me.

I look forward to hearing from anyone about this or anything relating to Fibromyalgia really as I am at my wits end with it. :(
mimidoodles
UKFM Newbie

Re: My Imaginary Fibro Monster - Can you help?

Postby maxtomads » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Don't know if this is the sort of thing you're looking for? My best description of the pain I have is...
You know the advert where the car drives around & explosions of colour happen all along the journey?
Well, my body feels as though lots of those explosions are going off inside all the time throughout my whole body, and different coloured explosions correspond to different pain qualities in different locations. Eg bright red would be a stabbing pain, dark red a throbbing pain, purple a deep ache, blue a background nagging pain... And so on.
Let me know if that's the type of thing you want, or if you want any more!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Re: My Imaginary Fibro Monster - Can you help?

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:29 pm

:welcome: to the forum mimidoodles :wave:

My head is very foggy today so will pop back when its clearer :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello