[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hiya, a newbie here from Staffordshire

Hiya, a newbie here from Staffordshire

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hiya, a newbie here from Staffordshire

Postby lindylootoo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi everyone,
I have found the site after looking through various internet searches and decided to join in the hope I will be able to find people who actually know what it is like to live with FM, I have been ill since 1999 after contracting chicken pox in pregnancy, following my next pregnancy a few years later I became very ill and have spent the last 10years in various degrees of ill health from bareable to absolutely unbearable.
I also have ME amongstother things so find it hard the majority of the time as both have left my body in a bit of a mess but I am trying to look at the positives, i remained very ill for a number of years and it wasn't till late 09 when I got the first FM diagnosis after 10years of GPs fobbing me off or refusing to look at all that was wrong with any connection,
although now I am a bit luckier-I found a new GP who is aware and willing to admit FM/ME exist and was referred to Rheumy, within an hour after taking history, looking at blood results etc and a thorough physical checkup I was told what was actually wrong with my body, filled with sadness and relief I left and cried for quite some time, Id been made to feel I was depressed,neurotic etc for so long and finally someone listened and I had been vindicated.
As time has gone on since 09 I have tried to self manage and with some GP input we get there.Although it is not the same as having contact with real people who actually understand it as they have it themselves.I have been very fortunate to be asked by the GP to come into the surgery on a number of occassions now over the past 2 years to meet with students through the year, My GP feels it so important new medical students and trainee drs/nursing staff learn what this is like,what the symptoms are and what the impact of lack of diagnosis has, the damaging effects it has had on me and my life.
I hope to be able to continue to spread the word about FM and ME and open the eyes of people around me to what this condition is,how it affects us and our families and to reduce the discrimination we face all too often.I lost so much of myself and my confidence being turned away over and over so my plan is to be proactive and help teach others wherever possible.
Im currently studying for a degree when i can, Im a mummy to 3 and i'm lucky enough to be married to someone with the patience of a saint :-D . I enjoy knitting/sewing and craft type stuff if body plays ball. hope that wasnt too long of an intro.
I hope everyone is managing the best they can and hope to get to know more of you in the future.
Last edited by lindylootoo on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lindylootoo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hiya, a newbie here from Staffordshire

Postby maxtomads » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi lindyloutoo (love the name). Welcome! You sound such a positive advocate for fm!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:15 pm

:welcome: to the forum lindyloutoo :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby monkeymadnedd » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi, just thought I would say hello . I Have only recently joined this forum and am also from Staffordshire.I Have only recently had the diagnosis of fibromyalgia and looking at trying to continue a positive attitude despite the pain. Think it is good to talk to others who are feeling the same :lol:
monkeymadnedd
UKFM Newbie

Postby lindylootoo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi there where in Staffs are you from ?

xx
lindylootoo
UKFM Newbie

Postby monkeymadnedd » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi, I live in Stone. Where are you and how are u feeling at the moment ? X
monkeymadnedd
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:15 pm

:welcome: to the forum lindylootoo :wave: :wave:

There is lots of info and advice on all sorts of things across the forum, as well as that bit extra support we all need when things send everything :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Sounds like you've got one very special GP looking after you, maybe we could clone them and make enough copies to have a decent FM friendly GP in every surgery across the country :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Just ask if there's anything you're wanting to know about or have on your mind and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mouseyone » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:34 am

Hello...I'm quite new too but everyone seems really nice x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mouseyone
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello