hi im a newby and im confused..plese help

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi im a newby and im confused..plese help

Postby michella187200 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:05 pm

hi, i joined today to hopefully get some answers from fibro sufferers.I am 42 and a mother of 4. i have been having problems for almost a year now. My gp has tested my bloods and sent me for a spine x ray that has shown artgritis of the lumber spine, bloods were in his words "ok". he prescribed me citalapram and said i had depression which was causing all my pains and tingling. i am not depressed but do have anxiety mainly fuelled by the fact that i dont know whats wrong with me. it all began when i had total limb parasthesia and was admitted to hospital where i had overactive reflexes. i had a major headache and photophobia. This went and i was allowed home next day with no explanation of what caused it. i now have all the symptoms of fibro including severe face pain. i am seeing my dentist friday.

Anyways to cut a long story short..i went to my gp for results of my xray and it was a locum doctor, i gave her a list of things that had been happening to me over a few weeks, she looked at my medical records and she tested parts of my body for pain spots and straight away she said i had fibro and arthritis of the spine along with possible TMJ. i was very relieved to have finally got an answer and she took me off citalapram and prescribed amitriptyline (which has helped me with my sleep but not really the pain ) and said to see my own gp for a refferal to rhumy to confirm it. i went back to my regular gp today and he denies i have fibro and TMJ an says i must just have arthritis in my jaw like my back and prescribed tramadol. i asked if arthritis was causing my memory loss, breathlessness, tinnitus, all over body pain,tingling, numbness, restless legs and bowel problems etc etc and he just shrugged and refered me for stress councelling!!!!. im really confused now and dont know where to turn next. i really dont want to go back to him to be fobbed off again.
michella187200
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi im a newby and im confused..plese help

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:10 pm

:welcome:to the forum Michella :wave:

Have you another gp in your surgery who you could see?
If you have you should go to see them and tell them what the locum gp said & ask them to refer you to see a Rheumy as you would like an answer to your symptoms.

Your dentist will know if you have TMJ, he might even be able to write a letter to your gp to back you up. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby michella187200 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:41 am

Thankyou for your response. i am going back to see the locum that diagnosed me and have requested she become my gp as she is working at my surgery 3 days a week permanently. i hope to get a referral soon as its driving me round the twist and my family getting sick of hearing me .
michella187200
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:33 pm

:welcome: to the forum Michella :wave: :wave:

Sorry to hear what you're going thru at the moment, a dinosaur of a GP is never helpful at the best of times, let alone when you're desperate to find the reason behind random and worrying symptoms and problems :facepalm: :facepalm: I think you're doing the right thing in seeing if the other GP can be the one you see instead :clap: :clap: :clap:

While you're waiting for your referral to come thru, have a look round, there is so much info and advice on here, you may come across some useful bits and pieces that help you manage things a little easier or more effectively. And anything you want to know about, just ask. There's a good chance someone will have had a similar experience and have some advice or reassurance for you :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hope it's not too long for your referral to come thru and you can start getting some definite answers about things :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby michella187200 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks for that reply. glad i joined this site. people give good advice and have put me at ease. just wondered if raynauds syndrome is associated with fibro and if its worth mentioning to my gp as i have that too.
michella187200
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Reynauds can be associated with FM, and it won't hurt to mention it. In fact it's something I need to see about as well, having many cold problems with my hands and feet, and my toes go lovely shade of purple at times:shock::shock:

Sent with lots of love from LaaLaaLand xx

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Re: hi im a newby and im confused..plese help

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:27 pm

michella187200 wrote:Thanks for that reply. glad i joined this site. people give good advice and have put me at ease. just wondered if raynauds syndrome is associated with fibro and if its worth mentioning to my gp as i have that too.

Nice to know we're helping you feel a bit more at ease. Quite often just knowing that you're not alone in trying to deal with what FM throws at us can be a real boost, as does knowing you have somewhere to come for advice, support and even let some of those frustrating and annoying things out.

Sent with lots of love from LaaLaaLand xx

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello