[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Tired of fighting.

Tired of fighting.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tired of fighting.

Postby Cheltz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:42 am

Hi, I have been following this forum for a while but this is the first time I've posted anything.

I diagnosed with fibromyalgia 2 years ago but have been battling this dreadful illness for the past 6 years. I also have discoid lupus.
I had been managing the fibro with the help of the usual medications, gabapentin, amitriptyline and a combination of pain killers and although not always effective I did manage to drag myself to work each day, which meant I spent my weekends in bed recovering enough to go to work again on the Monday.

However I started with a very bad flare up in August and have not been off sick since the 4th of August when the fibro threw every symptom it could at me. Chronic Migraines lasting days, severe facial nerve pain that ran down the right side of face into my ear and jaw, vomiting and stomach cramps, dizziness that made me fall over and resulted in treatment in A&E, palpatations with eptopics, muscle and joint pain etc etc, all this has left me very down and extremely tired.

Last week Following a hospital appointment for crippling back and neck pain ,I was told I also had Osteoarthritis in my hands, feet, spine and neck. I am now waiting for physio.

Things are pretty tough at the minute, I'm on the verge of losing my job, due to the amount of time I have had off this year, I applied for DLA and got turned down and have been waiting since May for a appeal date. One piece of good news, I did get a blue parking badge. Fibro is slowly stealing my life. Before all this I was a very active person, got up at 5am, hurried down to the stables to see to my beloved horse, at work for 8.30. Did a full days work, finishing at 5.30, calling at the stables on my way home to muck out and ride for a hour. Then back home to do the housework etc before going to bed at 10.30ish.

I don't have my horse anymore, fibro put a end to that and the social life that went with it.I sold my house and moved into a bungalow,
no stairs to climb so that makes life a little easier.

Sorry to go on and on, but I am just so sick and tired of the constant battle, so fed up with the pain and missing what I once had.
Cheltz
UKFM Member

Re: Tired of fighting.

Postby maxtomads » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:49 am

Hi Cheltz. I can fully empathise with you. Like you, I was always up at 5 to see to the dogs & horses before work, then a full day at work, followed by dogs, horses, chores etc before dropping in bed about 10pm. Didn't know how to sit still, only sat if I was driving or having my evening meal - even lunch was on the move. Now I work 3 short days a week, OH sorts out dogs & horses & does most of the household stuff whilst I sprout roots out of my bum on the chair. It's so soul destroying to see others living my life for me as I become less & less able to do anything. It's also tough for OH as he's had to take over all my 'things' - something he does willingly, although he doesn't understand why I get upset that it's not me doing them. As far as he can see so long as the basics are done it doesn't matter who does them. I chose horses & dogs to be my companions in my leisure time for that special bond and indefinable something they give you when you're with them, not just to shovel muck, feed & groom. That's just a part of it.
Sorry Cheltz, hijacked your thread & got on my soapbox.
On here we all understand. We can't wave any magic wands, but having someone who understands is invaluable. It's good to let it out & know you're not alone.
I hope you can sort work out, that's another stress you don't need.
X

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Re: Tired of fighting.

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:34 pm

:welcome: to the forum Cheltz :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello