[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Diagnosed at last!

Diagnosed at last!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diagnosed at last!

Postby SoulShirl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi, after 2 years ive finally been diagnosed. What a relief to know its not all in my mind.

Have been prescribed with steroids but really not sure if they are the answer or what I want.
Am sure it will take time to find the right medication to help.

So glad to have found this forum I think im going to be a frequent visitor.

Shirl x
SoulShirl
UKFM Newbie

Re: Diagnosed at last!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:51 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: SoulShirl, glad you've finally got a name for the things that have been affecting you.

You'll find lots of info, advice and support on here, hopefully you'll find some of it useful :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's unusual to be prescribed steroids for FM at any time, but esp just as you've been dx'd :-? :-? :-? This linky might be helpful http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fibromyalg ... ction.aspx As well as telling you more about FM, it has info about some of the meds used to try and manage it. With you being uncertain about the steroids, having a look then going to see your GP to see what might be suitable for you to try might come up with something you feel more comfortable about taking.

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SoulShirl » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi FluppyPuffy :-D

Thanks for your reply, its good to know there are others out there.
I will have a look around and see what meds are out there ready for when I go back to the gp.

Shirl x
SoulShirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Shirl and :welcome: to the forum :wave: steroids are an unusual med to be given for FM :shock: who prescribed them your doc or a rhuemy??????????????
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SoulShirl » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:45 pm

:wave: Hi Denys

It was the gp, ive only been given them for 7 days then im to see him again after 4 days off them. Im going to ask him for something different, I need something that will help me sleep. I can snooze on the sofa but once I get to bed I can lay awake for hours :(
Also need meds where I can still enjoy a nice glass of wine at the weekend - I usually only have 2 half glasses at night and on an occassional night out may have a little more.
At the moment I dont feel too severe with fibro but its gotton progressivley worse over the last 2 years

Am so glad to have found such a great forum
Shirl x

:-D
SoulShirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:03 pm

:welcome: to the forum Shirl :xmaswave1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello