[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New to site

New to site

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to site

Postby debanbob » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:21 am

Just to say hello for now,
I am Debs 50 years old. Just been diagnosed with Fybromyalgia 10 days ago, just like yourselves had many years of constant illnesses and lots of investigations. Many times GP saying "what women go through," Menopause! or your Depressed.
Not a nice illness to have but I can now move forward knowing I have been diagnosed. Thankfully a great husband by my side Bob
Anyway I have read many of your messages and found them of great interest
Hope you all get help & support you need x
debanbob
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to site

Postby monica » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am

Hello Debs welcome. :wave:

It's awful when no one listens isn't it. I felt that sense of relief when finally diagnosed. Not that i want Fibro of course but you can then find ways of coping once you know what's wrong.

I've found this forum very helpful, lots of things I thought were peculiar to me are actually shared by many people on here.

Your hubby sounds a tower of strength which is lovely. :)
monica
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:33 pm

:welcome: to the forum Debs :wave: :wave:

There is lots of info and advice on here, with you being newly dx'd you may find some answers to things you've been wondering about.

Hope you can start making your way forward now you know the name for the things that have been plaguing you over the years. With your lovely hubby with you every step of your way and joining us, hopefully it will be a relatively smooth journey for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about, with what there is on here there's a good chance someone will have had a similar experience and may have some advice for you :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby debanbob » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Thanks for the lovely welcome, I am here too if anyone wants support. Anybody live in Southport?
take care Debs am loving the doggy profiles lol, Hey its a good job i have the edit button, just looked at my spelling
debanbob
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:28 pm

hi debs :xmaswave1:
welcome to the forum
don't worry about your spelling
fibro takes a lot from us, spelling is one of them :roll:
good to have you with us :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby debanbob » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks Loubie Hope things are well with you x
debanbob
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Debs and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 pm

:welcome: to the forum Debs :xmaswave1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello