Hi, my diagnosis and a bit about me in general

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, my diagnosis and a bit about me in general

Postby shoshanna51 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi, my name is Susan and I have just got back from visit to GP. I have had a problem called Costochondritis which is pain in sternum. I looked up causes on internet and found FM can cause it. On reading about FM it was like reading all about me, I have had so many things going wrong and always just passed them off for something else like stress, menopause (I am 51), B12 Deficiency (am on B12 Jabs every 10 weeks) etc. Anyway I mentioned to my GP about this (was very wary as I know they don't like people coming in and saying I have this Doctor....) he was actually very receptive and agreed after testing pressure points and asking a lot of questions and linking all the things I had been to see him about over past year. He said they all added up to FM and he was reasonably certain that this was my problem. He is doing blood tests for inflammation and muscle something or other and has prescribed a very low dose of Amitriptylline. Has also said I am to see physiotherapy and maybe get accupuncture...

I have quite a few symptoms tender points in neck and shoulders, ribs, hips and knees, headaches, muscle spasms in chest, hands and feet, tingles, pins and needles, fatigue (always put this down to my B12 def even though my jab doesn't make it better, now I know why ). Every morning I wake after 8/9 hours sleep feeling so tired and I am so stiff and ache all over. Anxiety and feeling low (always put this down to menopause), plus a few more.....

Whilst having FM is not good I do feel somewhat relieved that there is a real reason for all my problems, and I am hoping I can find some tips for living with this and see how other people cope.

A bit about me in general, well I am as I said 51, 52 in couple of months. I am married and have 3 children 25, 21 and 16 and 3 step children 28, 24 and 19. I am just about to become a nana to a little girl (she was due on 3rd Dec so we are getting real excited now). I have a 4 hour a week job in a local shop which is just about right for me at moment that I enjoy. I like cooking, reading, knitting, Karaoke (don't do this often now :( which is a shame as I love singing). I have good days and bad ones but I try to do as much as I can and don't give in easily to anything.

Looking forward to reading everyone's stories and learning more about this disease :-P
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
shoshanna51
UKFM Member

Re: Hi, my diagnosis and a bit about me in general

Postby loubie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:49 pm

hi susan :xmaswave1:
welcome to the forum
soon to be a nanny :-D thats great!
i have 2grandmonsters :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
they are just brill :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:12 pm

:welcome: to the forum Susan :xmaswave1:

I am going to become a nana in Jan to a little girl, i am so excited as its all boys on my side of the family.

We have lots of info & support on the forum, there is lots to get your head around but any questions just ask, we are a friendly bunch on here. :santchimney1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:31 pm

:welcome: to the forum Susan :wave: :wave: :wave:

I've made the paragraphs in your post a bit clearer as one of things quite a few of us struggle with on here is reading a large block or what looks like a large block of text.

Costchondritis is an associated condition of FM, there are quite a few bits on here about it as it seems to affect quite a lot of us. With what you've said, it sounds like you have a decent GP treating you, which makes a huge difference when dealing with something like FM.

There is lots of tips and info and advice on here, hopefully there will be some helpful bits in amongst it all. We also do our best to help and support each other thru the rubbish that comes along with FM, hope we'll be able to do so for you, should you find yourself in need of a moan or a rant or a bit of a boost about something.

Like Shaz has said, there is a lot to get your head round when you're told you have FM, with what is on here tho, hopefully you'll find it a little easier to do so. Just ask if there's anything you want to know about and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Forgot to add...................you'll have to let us know when your little princess decides to make her entry into the world, we love to hear good news about such a nappy event :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello