Hello all, I am Diane

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello all, I am Diane

Postby Dianeb » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 am

Hi, so glad I found this forum and thought I'd better do an intro.

I'm Diane, 47 years young and proud Mum and Nanny. My 25 year old son lives with me and my husband works away but comes home every fortnight for 4 days. My daughter is also a fibro sufferer.

My interests are my family and my animals. I am a real animal lover and have a greyhound and a Siberian Husky, 3 cats and 2 horses. Sadly I am no longer able to care for them so we have help as they really are my stress relievers and I can't begin to imagine life without animals. I work fulltime in customer services and do this from home now and my employers have been great.

My conditions are Diabetes, Neuropathy, Osteoarthitis, Hyperthyroidism, clinical depression (query bipolar), severe anxiety and panic attacks and the most recent - fibromyalgia.

My days are spent probably like yours, in dreadful discomfort and spaced out on meds. I am on Acupan for the pain as can't take Gabapentin due to other meds. It does help but not as much as I'd like. I am dependant on my adult son to help me dress, bath etc which is embarrassing. I would like to just pull the duvet up and stay in bed till I go to meet our maker. I'm tired, depressed and the thought of this for the next however many years is scaring me.

For me, finding this forum is a godsend as I'm really struggling to cope.
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Re: Hello all, I am Diane

Postby Flash » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:29 am

Hi Diane, my original post has just been lost so will try again all beit brief.

:welcome: to the forum and I hope you find it very useful. It might not take the pain away but it has been a Godsend for a lot of us just knowing that others understand.

I also have O/A and F/M and sometimes think they take it in turns to torment me.. :pull-hair:

I have degenerative discs, hypothyroidism and asthma. We are the same age so I can understand how awful the days are for you.

I'm glad you are able to work from home and you have help with your animals and hope it continues.

Take care and gentle hugs :hugs:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby monica » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Welcome Diane :xmaswave1:

Sounds like you have lovely animals and very understanding bosses. That is sad your daughter suffers with fibro too.

I'm sure you will find this forum a great comfort and a good source of info.
monica
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:09 pm

:welcome: to the forum Diane :wave: :wave:

How you're feeling at the moment is how a lot of us have felt, quite often after being told we have FM. It seems to be the realisation of what it is, how it affects us and how long it is going to be with us has to smack us in the face all at once :facepalm: :facepalm: Things probably seem really black at the moment, and no matter how hard you look, you can't seem to find that glimmer that lets you know there is some hope of things brightening up at some point. Hopefully tho, now you've found us, things will start to move in a direction that leads you to that glimmer and things will start to seem a bit lighter for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There is lots of info and advice across the boards, so have a bit of a read when you get chance. You may find some helpful ideas to try out in amongst it all. We try to help and support each other thru the rubbishness that tends to tag along with FM, hopefully we'll be able to do the same for you.

Quite a few of us on here are owned by a variety of animals in various numbers. I'm owned by a doglet and a couple of :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

It sounds like you have the type of employer that those who are working would love to have, helpful and understanding :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anything you just want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:53 pm

:welcome: to the forum Diane :xmaswave1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi Diane and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello